Wheels finally refurbed!!

Steveo_A3_1.8t

Reaction score
hi all,
just had my wheels refurbed. but rather than stay silver i went for GTR anthracite.
work was carried out at Alloy Art in southend, Essex. well worth a look if your planning on doing a refurb.
im very happy with the result.

All four wheels were kerbed, and one had a heavy chunk out of it and required a weld, and all have been diamond cut. cost £300

Wow, they look stunning. Are the dishes polished and lacquered? Also any before pictures? Now get some pics of them on your car too fella.

Very Nice. That's a cheap refurb. I was quoted £60 +VAT per wheel at Spit n Polish!

So that's less than £300 at £288? Sounds a similar quote? Or did you need 5 wheels doing?

I cant see the pics, just getting red X

Wow, they look stunning. Are the dishes polished and lacquered? Also any before pictures? Now get some pics of them on your car too fella.

So that's less than £300 at £288? Sounds a similar quote? Or did you need 5 wheels doing?

Yeah but i'm talking bog standar refurb, this is diamond cut, very good price.

I'll get some on the car soon. Yeah I think it was a good price, it is a clear coat which I know is a fairly 'weak' bond to polished un keyed surfaces but it is a powder coat laquer so it's harder wearing than normal.
The replacement studs (fake split rim bolts were £50 for 80!!) I got those separate from BM Motorsport

I can see the pics now, they look spot on dude!!!

I'll get some on the car soon. Yeah I think it was a good price, it is a clear coat which I know is a fairly 'weak' bond to polished un keyed surfaces but it is a powder coat laquer so it's harder wearing than normal.
The replacement studs (fake split rim bolts were £50 for 80!!) I got those separate from BM Motorsport

Sounds good. Yeah I've heard of the bond being weaker on a polished surface when lacquering but powdercoating is supposedly the better option. The dish on mine is lacquered which doesn't give the same mirror finish as a polished wheel does, but I can live with that instead of having to clean and protect them everyday!

Just make sure you apply a good wheel sealant such as poorboys to them before fitting them to the car. Will prolong the life of the clearcoat and make them easy to clean too.

I used a turtle wax wheel protector but ill give that poorboys a look. Your car looks very similar to mine actually lol, is it metallic black or solid??
Steve

Like the look of those. It's far better than doing the whole rim in the dark colour, like most do.

any pics of the alloys on the car ?

ok appologies for the poor camera quality, mixture of phone and dated compact images, but here are the wheels before refurb (well the worst one) and wheels on car.

Look nice!

But wow theyre low profile tyres, bet theres no give in them! It harsh?