Wheels (sorry!)

Lee922011

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to the forum and need to pick your brains. I’m sure this has been covered time and time again but I need some help with a set of wheels I have seen.
I have just got an a4 allroad (B8) and seen a set of wheels for sale but don’t want to waste money if they don’t fit perfectly.
I know the stud pattern is correct (5 x 112) as they are off an a8/s8, the question is will the tyres be ok? They’re 265/40/20 and the wheels are 9J x20. Any help will be much appreciated.

Do you also know the offset? ET?
9j is quite a wide wheel so you'll need a an offset that can accommodate that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Does the A4 allroad have air suspension like the A6 version? if so won't 20's affect that? I have 255/35 19's on my A4 and I'd say purely from a looks point of view that the 20's would look a bit odd....all down to personal choice of course.

Reactions: Lee922011
Does the A4 allroad have air suspension like the A6 version? if so won't 20's affect that? I have 255/35 19's on my A4 and I'd say purely from a looks point of view that the 20's would look a bit odd....all down to personal choice of course.
No the suspension is standard.
Lee.

Check centre bore on the alloys your looking at are the same as your existing wheels, 66.6 and not 57.1.

JG

Reactions: RyanJonS4 and Lee922011
Seems to be quite a few running 20's on here.. might be worth a read..

I’ve ran a set of 9x20 et37 wheels on my S4 for a while.

Does the allroad have wider arches than an S4?

If not then there’s absolutely no way them tyres will work. I ran 245/30/20 PS4S’s and there wasn’t much clearance. A 255/30/20 would probably have worked but would have been pushing the limits.

A 265/40 is a chunky old tyre and will have a way bigger rolling radius than standard, so would throw your speedo out a fair bit.

what wheels are they?

Hi Pal,

yeah the arches are wider on the allroad, the wheels are off an S8, not sure of the name of them but they’re OEM.
How much do you think the speedo would be out by?
the wheels are as new and have new tyres on so don’t really want to shell out and then have to start buying a new set of tyres.

Your Speedo will be out by 8.18%

I may be wrong and I’ll be happy to be corrected. Looking at an allroad pics, I’d guess that there isn’t any extra room in the arches compared to a normal A4/S4. To me it looks like they’ve just got plastic trims stuck on the outside of normal pannels?

The wheels will fit spot on but I’d say there is no chance on that tyre size, it’s almost like an SUV tyre.

A8's are pure tanks! I put a set of A8 FatFive's on my old b6, yeah the wheels looked great but they were heavvvvy man! Don't forget generally if they are OEM and meant for an A8 they will be built to carry that car.