Wheels

D

deci

I have an s-line ordered but I'm not a fan of the wheels that come as standard. They're not terrible or anything, just a bit too fussy looking for my tastes. I'm sure I'm not the only person that wanted to kit out their s-line with something like this:

audi-a3-06-03-12.jpg

To my eyes, these wheels drastically improve how the car looks. I know they're available on the continent, but does anybody know when they'll be available here or if anyone else sells something similar (18inch) for the new A3. Do wheels from the previous A3 fit the new one?

Already on it mate, ive pre ordered and checked mine from A LOCAL wheel seller that is selling the ttrs or razor style wheels to fit the new audi a3 8v, im just going to swap my tyres over! ( cant remember what he said now but think the new a3 is same fitment as 09 onwards old style)

Sean

Really Sean? That's great news regarding the fit being the same as the 08/09 car... what sort of price you talking about? I imagine I could make a bit of money back by selling the standard s-line wheels on, although there won't be many takers given that most people a)don't have the A3 yet and b) everyone seems to be ordering the S-line!

lol at selling them on. No im keeping my originals mate........ replicas are £390 for four / £700 with decent tyres and genuines when i looked were over a grand with decent tyres so im just getting reps after all im only in a 2.0 tdi if it was an s3 or more powerful motor i wouldnt stray from genuine audi's.

just to add im buying without tyres and putting my continental sport contacts from the original wheels on them.

cheers, Sean

I really like the standard S-Line wheels to be honest but each to their own.

Personally I feel the wheels pictured above are becoming too common and make it look too much like an old model. Audi have a habit of doing this - they release new wheels which are initially restricted to one or two models only, often RS ones or special editions like the 8P Black Edition, then they spread across the entire range like wildfire.

Be careful with reps - 99% of the time they're significantly heavier than originals which will affect the ride and possibly handling too.

Thanks vertigo, but it's ok mate I've had at least 6 sets of wheels off him before and they are really good replicas , good quality ect. I have them balanced each time ( whilst I watch) and inflated with nitrogen.

I know what you mean with Audi...... Rs6 audi wheels , remember how many people got them ! Plus I'm keeping my originals so if they do get common I will chuck my STandard wheels back on.

Sean

Of course some will prefer the standard S-Line wheels. Personally I'm not keen on them. I prefer recessed wheels like the Rotor Arm ones. I also don't like the splits in the arms - it reminds me of Lexus for some reason. I'm in Belfast and there's not that many A3s with the Rotor Arm wheels here - mainly just A5s and A4s. Even if there was it wouldn't bother me really.

I think I might go for genuine ones. I don't know anyone who does reps that I could trust.

I prefer recessed wheels like the Rotor Arm ones.

Whilst I don't hate the standard s-line wheels, I'd have paid extra to change them if the option was there. I do like the polished rotor wheels available on the sport and the black edition wheels. The wheel choice was probably the most disappointing thing about the new A3. Audi usually spoil you with choice.

When I first saw the s-line alloy I thought it looked a little bit 'aftermarket'. In the flesh, they do look better though.

They look better in the flesh yeah but still not as nice as the 5 arm rotor ones:( Shame...