When did Isofix rear points become standard fit if at all?

markpw73

Reaction score
I am still waiting to see if the avant i am going to view has them (53' plate A4 tdi 130 se), shame not to buy it just because it hasnt!
Can they be retro-fitted ???

I have a 2003 and it doesn't have them. I "think" they can be retro-fitted, I looked into it briefly last year. Main dealer wanted in the region of £40 a pair (ie one seat) and from memory they screw into a captured bolt in the floorpan. Not done it myself yet, but will be soon.

Weird my wifes A2 has them???
Will have to see whether my nearest dealer can retro fit then

ISOFIX was never standard on a B6. It was still an option when we bought ours in 2004.

IIRC, it was about £80 for them which includes fixings on outer rear seats, front passenger seat and a switch to turn off the passenger airbag.

Just got a retro fit quote from my stealer for £165 all in for each side in the rear seats.
They said you cannot do the front unless you have an airbag isolator switch?

Just got a retro fit quote from my stealer for £165 all in for each side in the rear seats.
They said you cannot do the front unless you have an airbag isolator switch?

As i say I haven't done it, but pretty sure you could do it yourself. It's only a couple of screws to wind in, worst case the rear bench seat might have to come out, but can't be that hard surely?

As the vagcat diagram shows, two lumps of metal and 4 bolts for the rear. Really not a big job!

I can see their point about the fronts, the airbag must be disabled if your fitting a child seat, so without the switch it would be unsafe to install the isofix mountings. Surely the rear is sufficient though?

Piece of cake. 10 min job, but you do need a big Torx driver for the bolts.

I did 1 side 2 years ago, but with another baby on the way looks like I need to go buy another from the dealer soon!

Cost was £38 inc. the 2 bolts from Audi in Norwich

(this was the rear ones only, not the front which would be dangerous if yuo cant isolate the airbag!!)

ISOFIX was never standard on a B6. It was still an option when we bought ours in 2004.

IIRC, it was about £80 for them which includes fixings on outer rear seats, front passenger seat and a switch to turn off the passenger airbag.

Yup damn con really, the wifes 2001 Clio had it as standard.

I didn't tick the ISO box, TBH I wish I did.

retro fitted some to my 2003 B6 S4 about 18 months ago.

really easy job, took 10 minutes, just pull up the seat and bolt them into the holes that are already there..

was just under £40 as i remember for one side.

need a torx socket tho...