When did the sports diff become an option?

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I currently have a s5 sportback (V6T) which you likely know only came in stronic form.

I am soon out of warranty on my car and want to get a map and pulley upgrade, but I dont fully trust the stronic box with the power and after 2 years am getting a little tired of its jumpy-ness if used with anything other than the most delicate of touches at lower speeds.

So recently I become aware that the early B8 s4 came with a manual box, the question I have is, was the sports diff available at this time? If I sell up and look for a manual s4 it would need to have sports diff, super sports seats, B&O am I likely to find such a car??

Great thanks fancy a s5 sportback? :)

I fear I may be hunting unicorns a bit here but I'll get the rifle out I'm in no rush

there would be one somewhere, just depends how many toys the person who specked the car up wanted, see lots for sale bog standard which i think is madness haha

A manual S4 with sports diff will be rare.

FYI the DL501 itself can easily handle stage 2 torque.

I have a 2009 S4 but it's Stronic with sports diff, don't have supersport seats though, there will be cars out there but far and few between with everything.

So looks like it was available from model launch, and also on later 3.0 TDI too interestingly.

Yes it can handle the torque, but there is plenty of instances of it going pop, even stock.

I am considering keeping it and running the risk, but it will need to be mapped, I also hate the way it changes gear and kicks down, even in manual grr

Reactions: xpoweruk
The Stronic remap may well improve things for you