When to remap the S3? just hit 1k

As Alex says the S3 doesn't have to be loud at stage 2+.Go for a resonated Milltek, hang fire on the ITG as they are using my car this month to develop a closed/quiet system so when one I'll post my findings, ITG have recognised there is a market for quieter tuned cars, there is a small chance the power may be slightly down but not by a great margin - some would say worth the sacrifice for a stealthy, quick car.I'm after a quiet, understated car this time around hence the above, my new signature aims to be "Arrive quietly, leave quickly.."
Mine is quiet enough around town or on the motorway,but AMD assure me that it's "****** loud" on the dyno,plus the occasional flame and bang....
So I can either arrive quietly and leave slowly,or arrive quickly and leave loudly...!

As Alex says the S3 doesn't have to be loud at stage 2+.

Go for a resonated Milltek, hang fire on the ITG as they are using my car this month to develop a closed/quiet system so when one I'll post my findings, ITG have recognised there is a market for quieter tuned cars, there is a small chance the power may be slightly down but not by a great margin - some would say worth the sacrifice for a stealthy, quick car.

I'm after a quiet, understated car this time around hence the above, my new signature aims to be "Arrive quietly, leave quickly.."

Thats exactly where my mind is, I do quite lot of driving sometimes 20h non stop driving to my home country and to be honest when I had Focus ST i couldnt stand two things ****** rattles and engine noise at higher motorway speeds. S3 seems much better on both. Simply love the interior and black edition inlays/surrounds, amazing sat nav and FBSW which feels like touching different woman without cheating on my wife:]. Save sex ftw:]

Its very addictive indeed and now being convinced by yourself I start putting money on a side and getting parts ready for Stage 2/2+ within 2-3 months. No holidays for life looks of it:p
There is an AMD in Surrey,although my own choice is AMDEssex.

Surrey would be perfect although not sure if they are competent enough to touch my new car:]

I can only speak for AMDEssex,who have done some excellent work for me.

One thing I have always found useful in picking an engineer or tuner is those that run decent racing efforts as a part of their business.
The quality of the work improves,and the standards they work to are better.

Be aware when choosing your AmD that they are not one and the same, choose the right one!

I thought they were 'one' business, but they are franchises using the AmD name and a shared website.

Personally I'd use the Essex one.

Go Revo. Just done mine today at 1300 miles. First impressions = awesome. If you've spent so much on the car buy the best :)

Revo are not the best in my view, in fact in the last year they have caused nothing but trouble for a few S3 drivers, they seemed to have ironed out issues of late for late S3's but it took them a long enough while trying to lay blame on Audi.
I am still not happy that Revo turned back to stock is not true stock, though maybe all remapps are like that from all of the other remapping companies.

Revo get the bulk of the complaints but are by far the most well used software out there,and in numbers you would expect that.

Yes there have been problems with late model cars,but they have made efforts to deal with that and I've never had anything but good dealings with their backup.

Also,as Warren says,all parts of the AMD franchise may not be the same.
I use AMDESSEX and they know what they're doing.

From what I know AMD have had some problems with hasitation too so its rather down to some new engine design or parts they changed with 10 onwards cars. Still would choose AMD over Revo just because they seem to be more competent for the job.

You can still get good dyno figures with a standard look.
I gave mine a good service (fuel filter plugs etc) 99 tesco fuel and standard it was 290 bhp on the dyno,
Then a custom MRC remap with the pri-cat knocked out of the stock down pipe still with stock exhaust system got 330 bhp and to much torque! it had to be backed off to 475Nm

This is on an 07 S3 of which doesn't have an 800 cell cat like newer S3's