Where do I stand with my insurance repairer

I think now it looks much better and hardly noticeable to the average eye.

I remember when the B6 came out and in the silver/blue as the lad up the road had a new one, I remember seeing the rear bumper colour and thinking "that's a different colour" he then swapped for the B7 and same again.

I'm sure a painter would explain better but - Depending on the colours metallic flakes (or similar) the colour can appear different from opposite angles due to the fleck. I had an issue for years with a Peugeot 106 and needed the whole car bar roof painting to sort the issue you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man
I think now it looks much better and hardly noticeable to the average eye.

I remember when the B6 came out and in the silver/blue as the lad up the road had a new one, I remember seeing the rear bumper colour and thinking "that's a different colour" he then swapped for the B7 and same again.

I'm sure a painter would explain better but - Depending on the colours metallic flakes (or similar) the colour can appear different from opposite angles due to the fleck. I had an issue for years with a Peugeot 106 and needed the whole car bar roof painting to sort the issue you have.

Agreed @Tyrer. Here is another angle and understand it is from a distance I believe it matches (I am really hellbent on making you all or maybe myself believe it matches, isn't it ).

3e44e7f61ddcbb9856bee55de7803e6b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyrer
A lot of its to do with the metalflake in the paint and how it lies when painted.

Bumpers are often painted off the car, and thus the paint will end up in a different orientation to the paint on the panels. The result is the color can look quite different or very similar, depending on the lighting.

I had some paintwork done recently including two wings and a rear quarter plus a touch up on the rear bumper. They had to blend the paint on the sides, and it all looks really good, but in certain lights you notice the bonnet (which was never painted) looks very different to the wings.

Reactions: Tyrer and V6_Man
Love my black car car haha much easier, probably 10 different shades of black on it but nobody would ever know :playful:

3e44e7f61ddcbb9856bee55de7803e6b.jpg

This looks spot on, I think before it was redone it was way off but now it's spot on

Reactions: V6_Man
Like Jake says black is king no probs matching but shows up dirt like there's no tomorrow.

Reactions: DieselJake and V6_Man