Where is everyone?!

S1Newbie

Reaction score
Much as I like the rarity of having a S1 I have only seen one other in the wild . So just thought I would ask where everyone is based? I am in Harpenden Hertfordshire

I am toying with a trip to Goodwood on Sunday ? Has anyone been to their Sunday morning events?

I'm down in Dorset. I visited an S1 down the road from you to do some VCDS tweaks (plus my G'ma lives in Harpenden, so about 3 times a year you may see me!) - I actually got spotted on my way there and someone posted on my build thread which was pretty cool.

I went to Hot Hatch Sunday Breakfast Club last year, and was planning to go to Bahn Stormers later this year, but I doubt I will have a qualifying car at the time (will be between the S1 and the RS3 on order).
It's a really good morning though, always LOADS of very cool/rare cars. I was the only S1 there, but as it was only a matter of weeks after their release it was not too surprising (I had 2 people ask if it was fake as they didn't think the S1 was a real thing!).
I doubt you will get a paddock pass for this one now (if you haven't applied already) as it's so close, it's always very well attended and usually fully booked weeks in advance.
Bring plenty of cash as the breakfast trailers are expensive. If I do go in Nov it will be as a passenger I expect, so I'll seek you out should you go to that one :)

I'm in Bow, East London - and still never seen another on the road. I was between the Golf R and the S1, and the other day I saw 4 Golf Rs on a 3 mile drive... I do like the rarity!

Yea, I'm still yet to see a single S1 in the wild, I see 4-5 Golf R's per week! Rarity is very good.

I have seen one on the road while I was in mine.
I have also saw one a couple months before I got mine
DTYME83

And where in the country are you, DTYME83? I occasionally get excited when I see a facelift S-Line A1, thinking I've spotted one, before I realise it's not... o_O

Based in both South Manchester and Exeter for Uni. Only seen 1 other on the road.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
I'm in Stuttgart, Germany and I have only seen one other S1 so far. But I have seen 5 different Porsche 918's since I saw that S1...

I like the fact there isn't many S1's on the road

Belfast, so doubt youll ever see me.

I live near Brands Hatch in Kent . I saw a yellow one when I was down at Southampton and one up at Milton Keynes. My son saw another yellow one in Bromley because he thought it was me lol. No the rarity is great at the moment. I agree with Jose the Golf R' s are ten a penny

I'm in East Sussex and work in Surrey. I'm picking mine up from Lincoln however, where my parents are. (They gave me the best deal)

I live near Brands Hatch in Kent . I saw a yellow one when I was down at Southampton and one up at Milton Keynes. My son saw another yellow one in Bromley because he thought it was me lol. No the rarity is great at the moment. I agree with Jose the Golf R' s are ten a penny

Brands isn't to far from me @Ian

Cumbernauld near Glasgow. Never seen another one on the road yet. Looked at Golf R & GTI but like the rareness of the S1

See you around
I'm in Beckenham on wed 6th May at Grovesvenor orthodontist clinic at 14 50 with my son. I usually park in the car park park by the Spa on Beckenham Road. If you are around come and say hi lol.

Will be at work unfortunately but I am sure our paths will cross at some point

ive been looking for them since i got mine , i travel loads for work every where between bristol and edinburgh and think i seen 1 but could have been an s line , was on opposite side off m6 !

ive not seen another on the road yet,im from nottingham.

i love having cars that you dont see often,i had the astra gtc vxr and that was the same,never spotted many of them.

I am in Reading and I saw a lovely looking blue one. I have seen a grey one also close by. Berkshire must be the hotbed of S1s!

Saw a yellow S1 today, in Bluewater (Kent) and it turned out to be Ian from the forum. How random.
DTYME83

Reactions: SamS1
Saw a yellow S1 today, in Bluewater (Kent) and it turned out to be Ian from the forum. How random.
DTYME83
That was funny, just driving out so I span the car around and stopped for a chat. Great meeting you

That was funny, just driving out so I span the car around and stopped for a chat. Great meeting you

You too. It would have been nice to follow you to get a true picture of the performance differences between stock and a remap
DTYME83

You too. It would have been nice to follow you to get a true picture of the performance differences between stock and a remap
DTYME83
That can be arranged lol. I will let you take it for a spin

Yeah as long as we are not racing for pink slips, Fast and Furious style. Lol

Lol that's so odd how rare these cars are. I saw one going down the A20 Wednesday a yellow one (near Sidcup) first time I've seen one!!

That could have been mine lol

Haha that's crazy not long until I get mine end of June so I've been told so far (dealer didn't expect it so early!) cannot wait!! :yahoo:

I'm sure you'll see me around that area cannot miss a Vegas yellow s1 lol

Newbie S1 owner here. Based in Fleet, often can be seen slugging it round the M25 towards Enfield though.

Only ever seen one other on the road, middle aged lady in a sportback, trundling along at 65! Ha - still looked awesome though. As others have said, like that they're aren't many about - keeps things a bit unique. :)

seen my first s1 on the road today
, a yellow 3 door in birmingham
reg D RONNIE any one on here ?

I really should be driving more so there is the potential to be spotted.:)

Reactions: josedebardi
Based near Barrow-in-Furness, South Cumbria.
There is another S1 3 Door In Black in the area,anyone here?

I've only ever seen another S1 in the dealers, there's apparently a couple in Manchester according to the owners section but never ran in to one-maybe at the next NW Meet....