Where is my engine management light?

MotorSwede

Reaction score
Hey! I recently purchased a 1999 TTMK1 as a project car. I took it for a diagnostic check recently (I don't have the software yet) and the mechanic told me that the engine management light had been unplugged. Interestingly when I read the owners handbook there is no mention of a engine management light in the dash pod (as we know then, you know, the rectangular thing with bits of them). Weird. Be good to know if anyone else has noticed this.

Thanks!

Quite common for the engine management light to be disconnected or people put a piece of black tape across the LED . Rather than fixing the fault. Look closely at the engine management light close and see if it has been tampered with.

Reactions: MotorSwede
Quite common for the engine management light to be disconnected or people put a piece of black tape across the LED . Rather than fixing the fault. Look closely at the engine management light close and see if it has been tampered with.

This was my initial thought. Will have another look later. The weird thing is that there is no mention of that light in the owners manual. On the pages about the dash pod lights there is no mention at all of one!

It's on page 66 of my manual described as "Engine management system" It is there .