Where is the foot rest?

OtherHalf's

Reaction score
Went to the local Audi dealership to confirm the order on my wife's S1, had a quick look inside one of S1 in the show room, noticed there isn't a "foot rest plate" next to the clutch pedal...There is a sort of "space" to rest the foot but it isn't covered by the floor mat/carpet, so it would probably wear out quickly? I wonder if they do "after market" plate for it? Or the UK version has one as the Australian version hasn't?

There isn't one on RHD versions. The ones you may have seen were made by a guy here in the UK.

thanks Josedebardi, those S1 footrest looks really nice, I will check up the local ebay first...Can't believe Audi didn't put one in at the first place....

Couldn't find one from the Aussie ebay, ordered on from the UK ebay. A plain A1 footrest as I think the cut out hole on the S1 footrest will collect dirt and hard to clean. It costs about 28 pounds including postage to Australia.

I let my detailer deal with that issue ;)
That's pretty reasonable considering the distance to post.

Lucky detailer of yours "Jose", get to "spin dry" the Beast after washing it?:D Its all hands on deck down under, I wash and clean all my vehicles myself..sort of relaxing therapy when I don't have think about other things in life. It is much easier work here as almost every house has a driveway and garage, just hook up the garden hose, a sponge and a bucket will do the job. Also a good time to count the dents on the sides from parking at the supermarket car parks.:mad new:

Reactions: Daz Auto
I have all the gear, but moved from a house with a drive where I had 4 cars to a house with no drive (so sold all my cars!). Can use the inlaws drive but don't want to take the **** every weekend, so I alternate me doing it there and the detailer at his.
I just park over 2 spaces at the super market (miles away where there are loads of free spaces) - sod the haters that are about tell me off for doing it - I'm fed up of paying £££'s to have my car put right (£560 in 2015 already!!!!!).

Reactions: monopole
Bought some Velcro tape from the Office Supply today, 2 pieces of 10cmx5cm costs A$11.50 just enough to cover the back of the metal footrest. Hope it will stick to the floor carpet of the S1, just waiting for the wife to come home from work to try it out. Will take a photo of it, unfortunately my photographic skill isn't in the same league as "Jose", you guys will have to put up with it.:D

Fitted the footrest, the velcro backing really works, it firmly sticks to the floor carpet. see picture.
Footrest

Reactions: monopole
Well it's better than my footrest pic, my floor was filthy when I took it!
Looks good mate.

Thanks "Jose"...better take photo while the car still relatively new and clean..can't say the same in few weeks' time. Still amazed how strong those Velcro is holding the footrest to the floor, very happy with it. A$11.50 well spent. But still can't compare to those lefthand drive, they got it for free..

Indeed, the wheel arch is someone more lending to a rest than the transmission tunnel!

Don't know who's "bright" idea to have both righthand drive and lefthand drive cars...Not so much about the cars themselves but the roads as I always have troubles driving in USA...especailly as I get older, my brain can't cope very well...fast lane becomes slow lane and visa versa, not to mention at the round about.

Fitted mine today, still hard to believe that they didn't have this as standard. Got mine from the lad who's selling them on the A1 Forum but he's also selling them here on eBay.

Quite agree with you "CSY", if LHD has footrest, RHD should also has one..Discrimination against us who drive on the "correct" side of road? Ha.Ha.Ha.

Reactions: monopole and josedebardi
Agreed, however I don't there is room on the right hand drive cars to install one.
DTYME83

Ordered a new ute for myself, can't let the wife has all the fun with her S1. A Holden (Vauxhall) Commodore ute, 6.0 litre V8 engine but not faster than the S1.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 333
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 334
They pop up in the UK once in a while as imports. Last year I was seriously considering it, but they are so impractical (unless you have a lot of crap to haul about!).

You are quite right "Jose", the ute is really a "sport" car with a large "boot", but it suits me well as I am a small volume builder, which means I am "jack of all trades", have to carry a step ladder, drop saw, circular saw, drill, jigsaw, hack saw, bolt cutter, shovel, nail guns (framing and fixing), rivet tool, levels (1200mm, 900mm and 600mm). hammers, chisels, clamps, all sort of nails, screws, bolts and nuts and varies other plumbing and tiling tools...A mobile workshop for houses really. The ute can't really carry "heavy" building materials, few bags of cement may be all right, play load is only about 600 kg. It is also quite handy to carry the garden wastes to the rubbish tip though.:happy:

Haha! Sounds like it's gonna get used and abused (as any work horse should!). I'd love to turn up at the tip with one of those, along side all the old boys and their Volvo estates!
Be interesting to see how it handles differently with the very light rear axle when empty, compared to 600kg gluing you to the road!

I will keep you informed "Jose" after I have driven the new ute. I should think it will be much better than my current Ford Falcon 4.0 litre Turbo straight six ute which still has the "ancient" leaf spring suspension at the back. The new ute has multi-link independent suspensions at the back. If you are interested, there is a video clip of it went through the Nurburgring 20 km Track in 8 min.19 sec. But it was just for fun, basically it is still a work horse for me and tax deductible. It is cheaper than my Otherhalf's S1 (A$51,800) at A$44,888 and has more gadgets than S1....on top of what S1 has such as leather, Sat Nav, push button start, climate controls...It also has automatic parking (not that I am going to use it), reverse camera, parking sensor front and back. And of course a proper footrest.....Ha..Ha...Ha..:yahoo:.

Reactions: josedebardi