where is the sump plug?

ColganRaz

Reaction score
May sound a daft question but where is the sump plug, i havent had the car fully up in the air yet and cant see/feel the plug just by looking or feeling under the front bumper! first time servicing this car, so want to be prepared as possible when it comes to it.
Any pictures would be appreciated!

dont have an 8P myself but i doubt you'd be able to feel it just from reaching under. mine is located to the rear of the sump pan, so you need to get under the car to get into it. it should be pretty obvious when you're down there!

That sounds plausable! Every other car i have owned i could literaly look under the front bumper and see it. This car is that ****** low to the ground ya cant see anything! The fact i cant even feel it, it must be the far side of the sump pan

Just shoved my fat self right under the car, if i am right the plug is towards the farside of the sump pan, and the face of the plug faces towards the rear of the car, correct me if im wrong

Colgan, you are right. The plug is located facing backwards and needs a 17mm spanner to release. Accessed by first removing the plastic sump cover 11 torx screws. Just changed the oil on my motor this week, so I can still remember the gory details. Good luck.

Much appreciated geraldy! I dont think mine has a cover on it though cos i can feel the plug with my fingertips. Defenaitely the first plug i have seen at an angle, all the other cars i have done have had them centred and facing directly to the ground!