Where to buy an RNS-E unit?

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm wondering,apart from ebay, where is the best/cheapest place to buy an RNS-E Unit from?

Thanks in Advance

Stick a wanted in your sig on here. That's what I did and got 4 offers of MK1 units and one offer of a MK2. Bought a MK1 as it does all I need at what I considered to be a good price. Certainly cheaper than ebay even after all the adapters and a decode were paid for.

Stick a wanted in your sig on here. That's what I did and got 4 offers of MK1 units and one offer of a MK2. Bought a MK1 as it does all I need at what I considered to be a good price. Certainly cheaper than ebay even after all the adapters and a decode were paid for.

what you pay?

MK1 has a much worse resolution screen, I'd go as far as saying thats it crap because of the screen. You can tell as the MK2 unit came out in around 2009 and instead of the 'CD/TV' button it has a 'MEDIA' button. On eBay I wouldn't pay more than £600 for a MK2 unit.

So the Mk2 seems to be the one to go for. There doesnt seem to be any on ebay and I can imagine that they will be alot more expensive than a Mk1 then?

Aye theyll go for alot more than MK1. Also note that they dont get referred to as MK1 and MK2, they MK2 will be referred to, like those eBay ads suggest, LED RNS-E.

There will be loads on ebay if you search for "Audi A3 RNS-E" if you decide to go for a MK2 unit then make sure it has the media button. I spotted loads of the MK1 units (no media button) with the silver dials being advertised as MK2s on ebay