where to get 102 /106 octane fuel?

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
apparently there are a few fuel stations scattered around the country that sell either 102 or 106 octane fuel, does anyone know of where they may be? i wouldn't mind trying some out?!

BP do the 102 octane stuff but theres only about 7 stations in the country that do it - i think one is in stoke but i could be wrong :S
£2.50/litre though :wacko:

BP do the 102 octane stuff, but it's expensive like silver said. In America they can somehow get hold of 110 octane gas, but to be fair their standard pumps are still running on anywhere between 89-93.

yea true it does cost, just wanted to give it a go! Apparantly some places do 106octane, near race tracks someone said!

could u not just put tesco 99ron in an add some sort of booster type additive like millers etc?

Cant see it making much differnce as i assume your car will have been mapped to "super" RON levels. The ECU can only advance the timing so far, so putting 106 wouldnt make a great deal of difference IMO. Getting it mapped to 106 may improve things, but get stuck in somewhere remote which only has 95, an that wouldnt be pretty...

nky_84 said:
could u not just put tesco 99ron in an add some sort of booster type additive like millers etc?

Cant see it making much differnce as i assume your car will have been mapped to "super" RON levels. The ECU can only advance the timing so far, so putting 106 wouldnt make a great deal of difference IMO. Getting it mapped to 106 may improve things, but get stuck in somewhere remote which only has 95, an that wouldnt be pretty...
I was of the same opinion but after having my second tank full of v power I noticed a bit extra zippiness,so I would say you'd notice 106 for sure

Try Ouzo, much better and cheaper by the gallon

i think the nearest forecourt to you selling bp 102 is the one near me edd.

theres on at the end of the M275 in portsmouth, but last time i looked it was £2.48 per litre!

if you just use shell v-power 99 ron with a bottle of miller octane booster, thatll give you 102ron. and its only £50 for a tank and £5 for the booster

It's not going to make any noticeable difference to your performance mate. Your car needs to be mapped effieciently to run on higher octance fuel. If you require that, get it remapped by a specialst, not a generic mapping company. Someone like Will @ P-Torque or Wak @ Vagcheck, both will do an excellent job mate!