Where to remap?

Marek196c

Gilera Runner / A3 Sportback
Reaction score
Hi guys, someone got previous good experience with garages around coventry that offering roller remap?
I heard about NARCO, QUANTUM, COVENTRY REMAPS, but I'm getting confused.
I was about getting my bb to Narco but got no reply from them, so seen Quantum etc... but from their on-line info I got confused..
So what I wanna get done?
Custom/tailored rollers remap for my car that will get: gt1749va billet turbo, and al mods to support it (2.5" exhaust, 4 bar pressure sensor etc...) I will mechanically do all mods (as well cat and egr remove), I need only get it software remapped.
Where I'm looking?
I'm based near M6 J3 (north coventry) and willing go not more than 10-15miles (unless really good service and price)
Any advice?
Thanks in advance guys.

Reactions: G60DAN
If your willing to travel a little further we have site sponsor @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. he is well thought of by a lot of the members.

Reactions: T-800
Hi, thanks for fast reply, the travelling criteria is mostly because I don't wanna drive it too much with not calibrated correctly ecu (egr and decat) just in case it will go into limp mode.
P.S. just contacted r-tech hopefully wouldn't be too expensive xD

Last edited:
Let us know the results Marek, I'm interested to see how much the gt1749va billet turbo can safely put out.

I can vouch for Rtech there are up there when it comes to remaps. I had the mk4 mapped there 4 times (bigger turbo etc) . My first s3 was done there stage one then stage 2+ . My BMW was done there . What nick dosent know about remapping isn't worth knowing he is a genius and is actually interested in what he does . He is not just there to take your money and say seeya . The after care once mapped is top draw . Cannot recommend then enough . You won't be disappointed.

Do it !!!

Reactions: Sandra
Got reply from them:
"Hi buddy

Sorry but we only offer stage 1 mapping for standard diesels we do not get
involved with hybrid turbos on diesels sorry buddy ." :sadface:

I can vouch for Rtech there are up there when it comes to remaps. I had the mk4 mapped there 4 times (bigger turbo etc) . My first s3 was done there stage one then stage 2+ . My BMW was done there . What nick dosent know about remapping isn't worth knowing he is a genius and is actually interested in what he does . He is not just there to take your money and say seeya . The after care once mapped is top draw . Cannot recommend then enough . You won't be disappointed.

Do it !!!
so between your and their feedback i'm thinking that my audi is special then?

so between your and their feedback i'm thinking that my audi is special then?

Lol must be I dunno as my golf and s3 where petrol and only did stage one on my diesel BMW

Let us know the results Marek, I'm interested to see how much the gt1749va billet turbo can safely put out.
as far as i know around 210bhp and 400+ torque on original injectors
Lol must be I dunno as my golf and s3 where petrol and only did stage one on my diesel BMW
I mean he need only to program it, if it's cuz of custom turbo so prob they using generic files instead of in home programming, or they don't like me xD otherwise don't got any other ideas why not to do it.

Obviously, just to be clear, don't trying to putting bad name on them.

So someone else that is near me? Rick is in manchester so is like 100miles, I don't cancel him from the list but as said don't wanna to go so far without correctly set ecu.

A little bump, as requested my BKD done: 225HP and 326lbf/ft
done at Narco Tuning in Coventry.

R Tech every time good bunch of guys I drove all the way from Cornwall to get my car mapped. Loved every minute on the way home

Tried to message Rick at time being but got no reply from him. And only Narco said yes to me, everyone else that I contacted I got no reply or something like "sorry but we doing only stage 1 for diesel cars" so...

Had my s3 done at dyno tech in ripley. The guy knows his stuff and if you see what's in his garage you'd see why. Not sure if he could help but well worth a try. His 1000 bhp evo is a work of art

yes, but i ve got already remapped it, however as said s3 is petrol and is easier to find tuners for it... dunno why.

Nikki at R-tech doesn't do hybid diesels anymore. He got sick of claims of big power which were not realistic, and I feel the same.

The turbo companies claim x amount of bhp from a turbo and the customer then expects to get this figure but the reality is very different.

Rick

Reactions: HHS3
Nikki at R-tech doesn't do hybid diesels anymore. He got sick of claims of big power which were not realistic, and I feel the same.

The turbo companies claim x amount of bhp from a turbo and the customer then expects to get this figure but the reality is very different.

Rick
I see, I'm sorry that I didn't got back from you, because I know that you're right, and also appreciated all shops that told me no, because they didn't feel to do it well (i think). Anyway back to me, I didn't got too much expectations, also if the turbo seller claim it e.g. 240hp (obviously with bigger injectors) I didn't mind that output power, obviously I was expecting at least 200hp because it still should perform better than stage 1. but durability and reliability of whole system first. In fact on Narco they told me is 226hp and if it's ok for me, so I said as long as it's not stressing too much the turbo and engine itself I'm happy with that. because yes I want it faster (and know that need to be more cared after) but still reliable, if I wanted reliable car that is slow, I would take Golf 1.9 SDI ;).