Where to run power cable in 8P S3?

sakkie69

2008 Audi S3
Reaction score
Hi,

As per topic, any tips on where I can run the power cable for an amp on a RHD 8P S3? I've tried to look but wasn't very succesful. Just wanted to get some ideas on where it through the firewall. I saw one grommet on the passenger side on the firewall but half the aircon is on the other side. It's a 4 gauge cable if size matters.

I would think that the passenger side would be the place. The grommet would probably be it. AndyMac is probably the man to speak to as he is the man, who helped me with my 8L S3.

Most probably you'll need to take the glovebox out with some trim to get to the grommet from the passenger side.

Never worked on an 8P so wouldn't know for definate. If you have DSG then you can use the blanking grommet where the clutch cable would have been. Alternatively the easiest route is usually through the ECU cover which normally drops straight into the drivers side footwell. There's a lot of cables that run through there.
On the 8L theres a handy grommet in front of the pollen filter (passenger side under the wiper scuttle) but not sure if this is the same on the 8P.

Yeah had a look and there is a grommet in the section that does the rain catch (where the wipers go on). I'll try dig up in Elsawin how to remove it, I suppose it's park the wipers in maintenance mode, unbolt them and pull the plastic cover off.

could the power from the stock factory fitted amp not be tapped from the back to run a after market amp ? :weight_lift2:

What the puny 5 amp cable? I don't think so, unless you want the car to catch fire. You need to run a proper 40 amp, 8 gauge or bigger cable straight to the battery to run any proper amp.

installed my amp today and took some pictures of that blanking grommet where the clutch pedal would have lived if my car wasn't a DSG :sex:

ABCD0003-1.jpg

ABCD0004.jpg

ABCD0005.jpg

ABCD0006.jpg