Where's the fuel filter?

gaz j

Reaction score
Where is the fuel filter on a 1.8T (190)? And are they easy to replace? If yes, how much are they and where do you get them from? (apart from stealers). Thanks for any help.

No filter as such, it's in the fuel tank with the pump.

Not a serviceable item.

BUB :spanner:

The fuel filter you're referring to is found under the car by the fuel tank. It is usually hidden away under protective trim, but the trim can be removed easily enough.

The fuel filters are around £30, because they work in a different way to regular filters. It is an easy enough job, but is rather fiddly and can be dangerous as fuel is involved.

It took me all of 15 mins to do it on my 1.8T, but it did have some annoying clips that hold the filter in place which wouldn't budge. If you do do it yourself, make sure you open the fuel filler cap to release all the pressure and that you wear gloves and have a cloth ready to mop up any spilt fuel.

Thanks for help, where can i buy these from? My local motor factors don't stock them, so do i have to go audi?

Audi are the only people who stock the filter. GSF and EuroCarparts didn't have the filter when I enquired. Also, it is a special order item, so it will have to be ordered in, and cannot be returned.

hello matey
is this what your after?
untitled.jpg