Facelift Which alloys should I choose for my new S3?

Matthew Lee Maycock

Reaction score
Hi there,

Currently on holiday deciding my alloys for my S3 Saloon order but Im undecided on the alloys. Should I get the:
19" V spoke alloys -extra £375
Or
19" Star sign 5 spoke alloys - standard

Any views or thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2358.PNG
    IMG_2358.PNG
    265.1 KB · Views: 1,184
  • IMG_2359.PNG
    IMG_2359.PNG
    277 KB · Views: 1,007
Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hey mate,

Up to you but when I went with the Black Optics package I had to get the "V" spokes in your first pic. I did not like them and ended up getting a set of 19" BBS's as shown in the image.

Attachments

• Leftside.jpg
    Leftside.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 502
Reactions: Audi Bairn and batch
I'd go standard wheels, I think they look better (personal choice) but they are also forged meaning stronger and lighter than the other two option wheels.

CLA 45 AMG Shooting brake

Reactions: frazzeld, Audi Bairn and Matthew Lee Maycock
I agree the satandard wheels are far superior quality. Why pay extra for inferior wheels? Personally I prefer the design as well.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Matthew Lee Maycock and Ad72
Wing arm alloys are very nice as they suit all variant, but as your choosing a NON black edition, standard 19"s are the most attractive and your not spending more money

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Daveotto and Matthew Lee Maycock
Standard twin spoke star design. Think they are the last good looking alloy Audi did. All down hill from there.

When I ordered my S3 Saloon, the saleswoman (for some unknown reason) changed the wheels to the Arm wing design wheels, which look like they belong on a TDI. Luckily I spotted it on the order confirmation. Got her to change them back to standard. This then prompted Audi to put the build-date back weeks. Went off it with her. Her excuse was they were the upgraded wheels, so she specced them. Upgraded my @rse. Look *****.

Luckily a week later, Audi adjusted the build week back to original.

Reactions: Matthew Lee Maycock
I've got the V-spokes on mine, but I agree, the wing arms look awesome aswell. I think the V-spokes do look more aggressive and give a better 'stance'. But on a non BE, I'd probably have stuck with the wing arms.

Another vote for standard!

Standard 100%. The V Spoke aren't very S like. You can get them on the A4, TT and A1.

Standard 100%. The V Spoke aren't very S like. You can get them on the A4, TT and A1.

Ironically, very similar to the RS4 alloys mind... I tend to think of them to be more 'RS' than 'S' wheels.

RS4

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Matthew Lee Maycock

Attachments

• IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 409
Reactions: Mark_86 and Matthew Lee Maycock
Standard wheels IMO!

I didn't like them on photos much, but had a long term loan with those wheels and they are absolutely stunning and a pretty complex/unusual design.

Standard are even more awesome in real life
IMG 1860 3
Picture1

Reactions: Matthew Lee Maycock and Jassyo06
This might help make your decision easier

IMG 7265
IMG 7267

Reactions: Matthew Lee Maycock and Daveotto
Ah... I got confused, I thought we were talking about these ones?
S3

Reactions: Matthew Lee Maycock, Rolly12, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
V-Spokes for me!

The problem with the standard is exactly that - they're standard and thus 90% of S3s have them.

Reactions: Mark_86
Personally I like them all, I just felt when I ordered mine that the standard ones set it off better.

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person
Standard twin spoke star design. Think they are the last good looking alloy Audi did. All down hill from there.

When I ordered my S3 Saloon, the saleswoman (for some unknown reason) changed the wheels to the Arm wing design wheels, which look like they belong on a TDI. Luckily I spotted it on the order confirmation. Got her to change them back to standard. This then prompted Audi to put the build-date back weeks. Went off it with her. Her excuse was they were the upgraded wheels, so she specced them. Upgraded my @rse. Look *****.

Luckily a week later, Audi adjusted the build week back to original.

On a Manual.....though....:shutup2::sign imnew:

5 V spokes get my vote

Reactions: Mark_86
59214aef14f2d520a3ed404fa6c4a273.jpg

V-spokes get my vote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk