Which ATF oil?

Adam Madrid

Reaction score
Hi!

Im changing the filter and oil in my automatic gearbox this Easter weekend. I have already got the filter and gasket but need to know which oil I use?

I have a 99 A4 avant. 2.5 tdi quattro, 150hp. automatic gearbox.

Many thanks in advance!

Adam.

Anyone? I have the AFB engine if that helps. Im getting a shudder at low revs so I want to change the oil. Any help appreciated.

The number I have in my notes is G 052 162 A2 (1litre bottle) From dry it takes 9 litres, but obviously the torque converter, cooler etc will still have the old oil in it so you won't need the full 9 litres.

Reactions: Adam Madrid
The number I have in my notes is G 052 162 A2 (1litre bottle) From dry it takes 9 litres, but obviously the torque converter, cooler etc will still have the old oil in it so you won't need the full 9 litres.
Brilliant! Many thanks!

I'll go out tomorrow and grab about 6 litres!

Thanks guys! It's the codes I need. Living in Madrid and sometimes the labels are a little different. Better to be armed with the codes!

Hopefully this will cure the shuddering at low revs, I've already got a new filter and gasket.

Local shops dont seem to have the right spec so an online search and this is the cheapest that is the correct spec

http://www.ebay.es/itm/10-1x10-Lite...731760?hash=item3f59c09070:g:CRYAAOSwDk5UBWih

40 euros including delivery and it's ten litres so I can empty her out, measure what comes out, change the filter then fill her up.... drive around for a few miles then drain out the same amount as I've got left over and put fresh stuff back in. Like a mini flush!

Any comments on Mannol as a brand?

I went ahead and ordered the Mannoil from Germany. I have the filter too and will let you know when it arrives and I do the flush/install. Hopefully this will cure the shuddering at low revs