RSQ3 Which brake discs will fit the RSQ3?

M3eater

Reaction score
So pretty much as above. I'm looking for some new discs and pads but was told by one of the manufacturers that they did not make any discs for my vehicle which I found surprising. I was under the assumption that they were the same discs as the RS4 and R8? Could someone let me know exactly what other Audi models have the same discs as the 2015 RSQ3? And which discs would you recommend for this car (not OEM). Thanks

Last edited:
These for the fronts:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-RSQ...399810?hash=item3b43d98702:g:uPkAAOSwcqBZxlnP

They are unique to RSQ3 I believe - they are fabulous, I presume you don't want OEM because they wore out in 30,000 or so miles? That's not the discs fault but the nasty factory pads.

These pics are of my current RSQ3 - the Redstuff pads (£201) went in at 15,000 miles, there was a tiny lip on the edge of the front discs then. I've covered 12,500 miles since then and the lip is no deeper but as you can see the front discs are polished mirrors now.
20191006-162931.jpg

And these for the rears:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-AUDI...536944?hash=item3d7e27b6b0:g:AYkAAOSwLrNeYiIu
These are Kinetix aftermarket discs, the original discs are undrilled so more bling and cheaper this way at £99 a pair plus Redstuff pads at £61.

20200331-173220-1.jpg

Redstuff pads used them then on the current and previous RSQ3 - negligible disc wear, low dust, better than OEM and no squeal - what year and model is your RSQ3...let me know and I'll look up the part numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc and M3eater
Much appreciated thanks for that info. But I just have not got on with these brakes ever. I've had the car 8 months. The pads were changed by the dealership before I got the car so were new. And I've just never been impressed with them and had brake fade once or twice with severe juddering more recently when they got real hot. I thought these brakes had been used on other Audi models and were quickly changed back to round discs again? Either way I've been looking at Tarox, Reyland or Vagbremtechnic for upgrades but the latter said they don't make discs for this car. I think I will try the Ferodo DS performance pads as they are road legal. The redstuff pads have too many conflicting reports for my liking. And tbh they look like butter when out of the box lol.

It's your call - most of the Redstuff grumbles on the web are public bar BS rather than real world experience. - they are fabulous, had them in the B9 RS4 too.

The RSQ3 when in production was beset with front brake issues that are well documented - squeal and drone issues were common. Audi never really fixed it but those people that put their hands in their pockets and fitted EBC Redstuff found the problem disappeared.

To add the Inde that fitted my pads last year (The Phirm @ Blackwater near Camberley) said the discs are notorious for having the cooling holes fill up with pad compound which of course ruins the cooling so they drilled out the debris from each disc front and back faces as the holes don't line up. Might be where your fade issue has come from?

The brakes are simply awesome (waaay better than the latest RS models on 6 pot calipers for example) and the best I've ever experienced in any car in the 46 years I've held a driving licence - falling into a hole in the road would stop you faster but not much else would. So if yours are not like that then you have a problem.

Finally - there are wear indicators in the faces of the front discs - there are dimples - craters nearest the hub flanges, when these are flush with the surface of the discs it's replacement time.

It's funny I never had any brake squeal until now but I put that down to wear more than anything. I checked the discs the other day and the wear indicator is almost flush. By the time I can afford some new ones they will be more than ready to be changed at 27k.

There is no doubt that the front discs are expensive - and they are really heavy. I remember when I bought a pair for the 1st RSQ3 (supplied by Crewe Audi) for about £500 the DPD delivery guy commented that he was so grateful that I'd answered the door as he didn't fancy carrying them back to the van. If I recall correctly the OEM disc pads are something like £367 a set - unlike a normal car those calipers have 4 pads each, 8 in total - each pad has two pistons behind it.

On that other forum there are a couple of threads of people with disc problems - once member moved off to some Jeep SRT (Cerberus Rogue) having fixed it with Redstuffs when the Audi dealer couldn't sort it by replacing other components and the other, Richard Hamilton is still a member with an RSQ3 and Redstuffs and no squeal/vastly better brakes....there is a pattern here!

Whilst on the subject of maintenance - Haldex. A dealer service even the big one only changes the oil, when really you need to have the pump pulled and the gauze strainer checked and cleaned - can save you a very expensive repair bill, On an RSQ3 as I'm sure you are aware the Haldex is often awake as 4 wheel traction is frequently required.

Interesting page here to read - see the photo of the gunged up strainer:
https://www.haldexrepairs.co.uk/generation-5-haldex-fault-finding-repair-guide/

So everyone is telling me they don't do any aftermarket discs for the RSQ3. Is the correct? I thought I would've had a few options to upgrade.

Aftermarket for rears only - OEM for the fronts.

Putting it into context Audi UK registered less than 900 8U RSQ3 in the production period 2014 -2017 (it was dropped from the price list in Jan 2017 IIRC) so it's a very small market. I have a notion that the RSQ3's rear discs are used on the front of a Passat of some unknown vintage.

The stock OEM disks are beyond reproach IMHO - which can't be said for the OEM pads that cause excessive wear.

Reactions: M3eater
I understand. I really thought they were the same discs used on other vehicles such as the RS4. But a retailer today said it was just the calipers that were the same as others. Thankfully Tarox have come back saying they can make some and have just listed some new disc and pad options on their site. I just don't like the OEM discs I think they look silly and going by the comments of other members with TT's and RS3's the design produces too much heat. Which is why is probably felt the fade more than once already. They are double the price of the OEM discs but i'm sure you can just change the discs next time and not the whole disc/bell which should see a big reduction in price. Probably on par with OEM.

Reactions: paul wev
Aftermarket for rears only - OEM for the fronts.

Putting it into context Audi UK registered less than 900 8U RSQ3 in the production period 2014 -2017 (it was dropped from the price list in Jan 2017 IIRC) so it's a very small market. I have a notion that the RSQ3's rear discs are used on the front of a Passat of some unknown vintage.

The stock OEM disks are beyond reproach IMHO - which can't be said for the OEM pads that cause excessive wear.
I know this is an old thread, but EBC do front discs, though they are VERY expensive!

I know this is an old thread, but EBC do front discs, though they are VERY expensive!
But how do you know EBC are any improvement over OEM? Tried 'em back to back have you?
Audi spend lots of £s developing and type-approving a car for UK/European sales - and that includes brakes!
And yet here AGAIN we ask 'others' (how do you know what there experiences are?) what they think and then go oooooohhh they're expensive! JOKE!
Then you go STUFF!! your whatever and non-approved braking materials are found and you say, well "someone on ASN said these 'brakes' were OK!"
Laugh Out Loud Smiley

That said I'd repectfully suggest you view MTEC brake discs and Ferodo ECO Friction brake pads - we have 'em on our TT/RS3/ and SQ5, and very good they are too - FOR OUR DAILY USE! :whistle2:

And if and any slow spoeed brake squeal, which there will NOT not be with Ferodo ECO Friction brake pads, then MINTEX self-adhesive anti-squeal shims

TAKE CARE, STAY SAFE! :racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: alanyork
But how do you know EBC are any improvement over OEM? Tried 'em back to back have you?
Audi spend lots of £s developing and type-approving a car for UK/European sales - and that includes brakes!
And yet here AGAIN we ask 'others' (how do you know what there experiences are?) what they think and then go oooooohhh they're expensive! JOKE!
Then you go STUFF!! your whatever and non-approved braking materials are found and you say, well "someone on ASN said these 'brakes' were OK!"
Laugh Out Loud Smiley

That said I'd repectfully suggest you view MTEC brake discs and Ferodo ECO Friction brake pads - we have 'em on our TT/RS3/ and SQ5, and very good they are too - FOR OUR DAILY USE! :whistle2:

And if and any slow spoeed brake squeal, which there will NOT not be with Ferodo ECO Friction brake pads, then MINTEX self-adhesive anti-squeal shims

TAKE CARE, STAY SAFE! :racer:
You need to take a chill pill........why the fk unload on me? I havent said anything wrong. And the overwhelming consensus by almost everyone is that EBC make a better product than the OEM. TBH, ive no idea why you jumped in, when i was obviously talking to someone else.

And in answer to your question, yes i have tried them back to back. Replaced the rear discs 12 months ago, with EBC discs and pads.....no problems at all. The fronts are due next MoT.

You need to take a chill pill........why the fk unload on me? I havent said anything wrong. And the overwhelming consensus by almost everyone is that EBC make a better product than the OEM. TBH, ive no idea why you jumped in, when i was obviously talking to someone else.

And in answer to your question, yes i have tried them back to back. Replaced the rear discs 12 months ago, with EBC discs and pads.....no problems at all. The fronts are due next MoT.
My apologies. Brake pads are very subjective. I used EBC (RS3) a few years back and for sure they suited my all-round driving - though I did find at maybe 50% worn the initial 'bite' disappeared - so went Ferodo Eco-Friction.

Last edited:
Reactions: alanyork
With my B8.5 S4, I swapped from OEM to EBC for both discs and pads, front and rear. The pads were Redstuff, and the result was much improved pedal feel, reduced dust and no squeals.

I've went onto Redstuffs front and rear and replaced the rear discs with a drilled Kinetex. because they match the look of the oem fronts, so far very happy.

Mike