Which Car should I buy?

So I’m now the proud owner of 2.0TDi Sline.

Options on it are:
  • Sat Nav
  • Bang & Olufsen Sound System
  • Privacy Glass
  • S line Suspension
  • Model & Engine badge deletion
Upload 2020 11 15 9 59 21

Upload 2020 11 15 9 59 52

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AllanG, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Well the B+O is a must, so thats a good addition!

What Satnav does it have?

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Well the B+O is a must, so thats a good addition!

What Satnav does it have?
Just the SD Card version. Is it possible to upgrade to the bigger screen/Tech high? (If it’s even worth doing that is!)

I’ve only had a brief play with the B&O and I’m very impressed so far!

The alloys could do with a refurb.
Although I much prefer these wheels:
https://ibb.co/xf6tCxd

Anyone know where I can get a set from?

Theres only 2 factories that make those wheels in China now if you want reps. You pay a big mark up and use LD Prestige or just buy them from Hotlines in Manchester off eBay - same wheels basically. If you want a wider 8" wheel and a lower offset, they are also lighter than the OEM wheel and obviously fresh and new, but still a replica.

However, as its a hatch the standard genuine S3 ones will do you, as they are 7.5" wide, loads of sets on eBay currently.

Just the SD Card version. Is it possible to upgrade to the bigger screen/Tech high? (If it’s even worth doing that is!)

I’ve only had a brief play with the B&O and I’m very impressed so far!

It is, you can upgrade to MIB1, for around £500+Screen, or MIB2 for around £1200 + screen.

Don’t tempt me! Lol

the picture you also added yourself is of 19's, they dont look anywhere near as good as 18's imo

You can't beat 19's on an 8V quite frankly..
IMG 0913 1 1024x683

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bristle Hound
Yeah I didn’t realise those alloys were 19”! Be a shame to replace the wheeled in mine then when they have brand new tyres all round.

You're not replacing, just changing. When you sell, you put the old ones back on and sell the new wheels..but tbh, many folk like the 19's so it could enhance resale value or at least increase interest. Options.

Best colour

is it the brilliant black (flat) or the metallic one? I have the flat black, but it’s still nice
Brilliant Black mate. Can’t really appreciate it much in this weather and it needs a wash. I will definitely detail it when I can.

At what @Dubjam said, I put the Vin into MyAudi to get the options list.

You're not replacing, just changing. When you sell, you put the old ones back on and sell the new wheels..but tbh, many folk like the 19's so it could enhance resale value or at least increase interest. Options.
Yeah I definitely prefer them. It would be better than getting the existing wheels refurbed.

The only thing with getting a set of them alloys, is that I would need to get a set of 4x 19” tyres as well!

Yeah I definitely prefer them. It would be better than getting the existing wheels refurbed.

The only thing with getting a set of them alloys, is that I would need to get a set of 4x 19” tyres as well!

If interested in the wheels I actually have a set of Avons that have done about 50 miles so we could work something out if you are interested.

I actually run Avons on all my cars from 500bhp Imprezas to my Audi and will continue to do so, best UK weather tyre aside from Pilot Sports IMO.

Mine is specced right up.... not
TBH mate most S lines are poverty Spec. I think when new, most people when paying extra for the S line, then couldn’t afford any/many extras! Audi have to be the tightest brand when it comes to standard equipment.

If interested in the wheels I actually have a set of Avons that have done about 50 miles so we could work something out if you are interested.

I actually run Avons on all my cars from 500bhp Imprezas to my Audi and will continue to do so, best UK weather tyre aside from Pilot Sports IMO.
Really? Mine has new Avon’s on the front, and new Michelin Pilot Sports on the back.

Really? Mine has new Avon’s on the front, and new Michelin Pilot Sports on the back.

Yeah definitely, Avon's get downplayed because of the cost, but in reality, they are way more advanced over their price tag for sure. They get designed on our roads, in our weather conditions. I ran a variation of skins on my Impreza which I tracked regularly (so went through them pretty quickly), dismissed pretty much everything else, and always kept coming back to Avons. In the rain, they are immense.

Michelins are still better, but at £40-50 a corner more, they can add up!

Does anybody know what the area by the cigarette lighter is called? There is a wee storage area there and I’ve seen a nice rubber mat with an S line logo somewhere but can’t find it again.

So still trying to deviate what size alloys to replace the costing ones with. Stay with 18’s or go for the bigger 19”. I mean, would it be even that noticeable the size?

aphetically speaking the 19s look sooooo much better than 18s. ride difference, not a great deal in my opinion, slightly firmer and more responsive.

I get that. Some pics I see there doesn’t look to be any difference and other pics there seems to be a big difference.

They look better darker but to be fair once you have paid the cash for that you are half way towards a new set of rims. Obvs if you keep 18s and your tyres are good you can do this quite cheapish but you would regret not going 19's as soon as you see another a3/s3 with the wheels you really wanted,
I think the wheels Dubjam has for sale are a bargain and with some eibachs your car will be transformed.

They look better darker but to be fair once you have paid the cash for that you are half way towards a new set of rims. Obvs if you keep 18s and your tyres are good you can do this quite cheapish but you would regret not going 19's as soon as you see another a3/s3 with the wheels you really wanted,
I think the wheels Dubjam has for sale are a bargain and with some eibachs your car will be transformed.
The tyres on my car are virtually new so would be a shame to swap but I understand what you mean. What would eibachs do?

I can’t wait to actually drive the car tomorrow as I bought it and drove it the short distance to my girlfriends house and it’s been there since. (I had my Crown Vic with me so had to drive that home)

I seen a black sline with black sline wheels and it didnt look good, an anthracite colour always looks good with black so thats the way to go

I like the chrome adds a certain classier look to the car

i have never understood the lets put black Audi badges on etc etc. I think it looks garbage.

nothing a local wrapping firm can’t sort for a couple hundred quid ;)
You say that, but no wrapping company would touch my A4 when I asked for it to be done! I was so p*ssed when Audi removed the black pack from my new car order! I absolutely hate Chrome on a car. Apart from the badges. I don’t mind that.

You say that, but no wrapping company would touch my A4 when I asked for it to be done! I was so p*ssed when Audi removed the black pack from my new car order! I absolutely hate Chrome on a car. Apart from the badges. I don’t mind that.

Time to get the Hammerite out :redface new:

Theres so many of these cars now, I reckon it would be fairly easy to get the Black Edition mouldings from a breaker. The grill would probably be the most expensive change.

Time to get the Hammerite out :redface new:

Theres so many of these cars now, I reckon it would be fairly easy to get the Black Edition mouldings from a breaker. The grill would probably be the most expensive change.
I’ve looked at that before but by all accounts, it’s a nightmare of a job to change over the window surrounds. Certainly thats what everybody said on here.

I’ve looked at that before but by all accounts, it’s a nightmare of a job to change over the window surrounds. Certainly thats what everybody said on here.

Yeah I don't imagine it's easy. It's one of the reasons I just waited a LONG time to get the car with the right spec,i ts becoming a ball ache and costly to do anything on cars these days.

Ok well I found come off the wheels I like in 19”. Hopefully collecting tomorrow. Hope you guys are right and they look good! Lol