Which ipod ?

Shadowman

Reaction score
I have a new A4 B8 with Technology pack arriving, but I want to stop using my i-phone for music and just buy an ipod to leave permanently connected.

Can someone please recommend the best type of ipod to get in order to do this ( Nano, Classic, Touch etc ) so that I can retain all of the functions that I currently have when I connect my i-phone up ?

Thanks

Its up to u really which iPod u want. If u have a very large collection of music get the classic or else I would stick to the touch

I haven't got masses so I don't need things like 160GB of storage....80GB would be more than enough....I currently have it all stored on my iphone along with everything else.

I really just wondered if they will all let you do things like shuffle, as I thought there were some which wouldn't allow this, and also if there were any issues with leaving an ipod permanently connected ?

I wouldn't normally suggest going for the touch if you're leaving it in the car as they're a bit more expensive *but* you can sync it over wifi while it's still in your car which can be useful.

I've got a square nano and it 'behaves' like it should. I leave it connected permanently I also have a friend who's had his Touch connected (and on) for a year so far and it's not had any issues.

There isn't an 80GB model any more so you would probably need to figure it out between:

Classic - 160GB - £199
Touch 5th gen - 64GB - £329
Touch 5th gen - 32GB - £249
Touch 4th gen - 32GB - £199

Just bare in mind, the 5th generation Touches use a lightning connector so you might need to think about the expensive adaptors.

I have the ipod Classic 160gb but my new Audi doesn't recognise it. Not sure if it's the firmware but trawling around this site at the moment to see if anyone else has had the same issue....

I have the ipod Classic 160gb but my new Audi doesn't recognise it. Not sure if it's the firmware but trawling around this site at the moment to see if anyone else has had the same issue....

I have this problem, it also didnt work with my mums classic and my mums ipod touch. So i believe its a problem with the connection itself. I have ordered a cable thats din to din to see if that works. I have only had my car just over a week so il be going back to Audi if not!

Hi donna

If yours is a new audi like mine you might want to check which colour ipod lead you have. The lead has either a dark red or blue piece on the connector. If you have the dark red one that's why you're having the problem. You need the blue one for older generation ipods. You can change them at your
Audi dealer but I just bought one £8 off ebay incase I need the red one in future.

TR

Ok, just got an ipod nano 7th gen to go in the new A4, but have a question for you ICA Guru's :

I am hearing different stories about 30 pin to lighning connectors, so does anyone know if the official Apple 30pin to Lightning connector will allow me to connect the new ipod to our TT which has the old 30 pin connection on the RNSE and have full functionality
( charging,music playlists etc ) ?

Also, which colour lead will I need to ensure I have with the new A4 ( Red or blue ) to make sure the new ipod will work ? I'm just going to leave it in the car permanently plugged in.

Thanks

I'm using a 120Gb Classic that I snagged from eBay. My little 2nd gen Nano works fine too. I love having all of my music available rather than a big pile of CDs cluttering-up the glove box.