• Thread starter imported_hburnett
  • Start date

NEW VERSION

• Total voters
I

imported_hburnett

Hi Guys.

New to this board so HELLO!

In the the midst of choosing new company car and I have whittled it down to 2!

Either the A3 SptBk 2.0TDi Sport - with extras (Cruise, Xenon, Symphony + BOSE, wheels etc) or a std A4 2.0TDi S-Line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Just wondering if mainy people have views on either of them and have had any problems with them?

A mate has mentioned that the S-Line was a very harsh ride? But this was the A3... Any different to the A4?

I was also thinking of chipping it once got. Any views?

Cheers H

Two totally different 'segment' cars, so really is down to your lifestyle and what you need. More space or better performance / handling in a smaller car. Both nice motors and the s-line kit lifts the A4 styling.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused.
Why no mention of an S-line A3 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason thats not on the list? I reckon it must be something to do with the servicing or maybe the upcost of the quattro/DSG?! Possibly.....

Quattro and DSG have nothing to do with the S-Line package. The S-Line pack should cost ****** all to stick on the Sportback. It's costing me about 30 euro extra per month on my Sportback (2.0TDi manual). Well worth IMHO.

[ QUOTE ]
Quattro and DSG have nothing to do with the S-Line package. The S-Line pack should cost ****** all to stick on the Sportback. It's costing me about 30 euro extra per month on my Sportback (2.0TDi manual). Well worth IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sportback S-line only comes in DSG or quattro.

What other cars were on your list,just out of interest (sounds like your budget is same as mine) and why did you discount them ?

A4 S-Line, i think (brochure at home!) looks like wheels and bodykit as std plus half leather seats....

List also included Fords/Vauxhalls etc Discounted those as wanted something a little upmarket. Altho had a look at the Saab 9-3 Vector Sport 150 1.9TiD nice car from the outside - how old and plasticy on the in?!?!?!?! Yukk......

You should ask about an A3 sportback S-line.
No reason that's not on your list.
Mine was,I think,around the £23400 mark,which is the same(ish) as a Saab.
Looks a helluva lot better than the A4,in my book.
I just can't get the new A4 styling into my head at all.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you not get the manula 2wd sport and stick the S-Line pack on it? Can't find it on the Audi configurator mind.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you not get the manual 2wd sport and stick the S-Line pack on it? Can't find it on the Audi configurator mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly couldn't when I ordered mine and I still think it's a no-no.

If you want a sportback S-line it's 2wd and DSG or 4wd and manual.

Sorry, I was referring to the Luxembourg/German market. I just checked the UK audi config and it's not available on the manual 2wd 2.0TDi

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I was referring to the Luxembourg/German market. I just checked the UK audi config and it's not available on the manual 2wd 2.0TDi

[/ QUOTE ]

BUM Poohhyy!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

If you do a lot of miles, the A4 is much more refined at motorway speeds, and also the engine noise is reduced in the bigger car. Slightly odd styling, but it should grow on everyone after a while.
Handling may well be better on the A3 but its still not too great, but your perspective will depend on which car you currently drive. If its a Mk4 Golf, you'll be over the moon with the handling of either!

[ QUOTE ]
If you do a lot of miles, the A4 is much more refined at motorway speeds, and also the engine noise is reduced in the bigger car. Slightly odd styling, but it should grow on everyone after a while.
Handling may well be better on the A3 but its still not too great, but your perspective will depend on which car you currently drive. If its a Mk4 Golf, you'll be over the moon with the handling of either!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking a bit to those lines! I do a far few miles - current Astra Coupe has got 108k on the clock, not bad for a 3.5yr old car! Mind you thats with new engine!! Trying to arrange an extended test drive in both hopefully soon - just seen that the A3 sptbk has a 16-18wk lead time and the A4 not that much better of 10-12wks!!!!!!

Thx for ur views! H