Which pro-applied ceramic coating?

alFR

Reaction score
After looking at the various ceramic coatings that detailers near me use (Gtechniq, Gyeon, Modesta, Nanolex), my impression is that the equivalent price products in each range are all pretty much the same as long as they're applied correctly. Anyone got any experience that suggests otherwise?

Most on here have your first two in the list. Check out Cquartz uk as well. Much cheaper than the others. Just remember to prep the paintwork properly. It's all in the prep!

Yeah, don't have access to (or the skill to use) a polisher so will be getting a pro to do it!

I've got the Carbon Collective one on mine, "Platinum Paint". I did the whole lot myself, was bricking it when I got to the crystal coat but it was surprisingly stress-free and now looks great.

Reactions: scotty76
As @Scottyg said! Carpro Cquartz for the paint work and Carpro Cquartz DLUX for the wheels. You can easily do it yourself and save yourself a fortune! Remember your looking at between £400-650 for a pro to do it.

Reactions: Scottyg
Yeah, but there's no point me putting it on over the top of a load of swirls / assembly line marks (if they are present, but I'll assume there will be at least some), I don't have & have never used a machine polisher and I'm not going to start practicing on my brand new car! Will pay a pro to do it I think...

The likelihood of you damaging your paintwork with a DA are virtually nonexistent. The head osilates to stop the chance of paint damage.
The good thing with getting a pro to do it is that it will be damn easy to keep clean afterwards.

Yeah you can't damage the paintwork with a DAS. I got an old car bonnet from the local body shop, scratched it up, and practised myself. There's loads of 'how to' videos on You Tube. It's dead easy!

You can damage the paint work, too much pressure and not enough polish resulting in too much heat generated. Difficult but possible.

Go to Waxstock and have a go with a polisher.

damn hard to damage paint even with a rotary polisher. Carelessness and holding it in one spot, on edge of pad or polishing the lips of panels are the easiest mistakes to make

Reactions: Scottyg
Never known anyone to damage paintwork with a DA. It's designed specifically to stop that from happening. Also, you should also spray a bit of QD on the pad first before you polish or finish off anything.