Which speakers?

s3_trev

Northern Ireland
Reaction score
Guys my passengers side front door speaker seems to have blown in my 2009 S3 8P. It's farting away, meaning its impossible to listen to music, so it needs replaced asap!

Ive found a part number of 8P0035411. Ive seen this just by itself, and followed by "B" and "C". Does anyone know the difference? Or which one I need? I could strip the door obviously to find out, but I would rather have the replacement speaker sitting waiting, before removing my door card, so I would only have to remove the card once.

If I cant get a second hand one, Il probably look into upgrading, if its not much more than an OEM one.

Thanks guys.

I needed to replace a front speaker in my previous A3 1.8 Tfsi (09 MY) - if was 8P0035411C.

Im not sure what the text code stands for.

You might as well take the speaker out to confirm and just leave it out - it's only a 5 min job and needs to come out anyway.

They are well known for getting damaged by water passing between the window and seal. Check to make sure your drain holes at the bottom of the door (each end) are clear.

It's to do with revised parts, the further through the alphabet the letter is the more recent the part is

Reactions: samuelh_888
It's to do with revised parts, the further through the alphabet the letter is the more recent the part is

That's not always the case.

Current up to date number for non-Bose is 8P0035411C

Reactions: Marek196c
That why better check on ETKA. if your got no letter on back just search for one without letter.

Thanks for all the input gents. I ended up just taking the speaker out and calling Audi over the phone. Cost me 30 quid for a new OEM speaker which I was happy enough to pay. If it lasts me as long as the first one lol... I swear I hear the right one about to go as well now...

Look identical to this mate:

603770_x800.jpg

Not sure the size of the top of my head. I just installed it lol.

What size and what do they look like ?
They should be 13cm or 5" speakers, however seem to be or sealed membrane (so that why don't need the big magnet for mid-low range, unless there will be hole in door but not making too much sense then)

Yeah they are pretty basic. My car doesnt have BOSE so not sure if the BOSE door speaker is any better. Sounds alright though.