Which springs ?

Alan A

Reaction score
I'm going to lower my A3 tdi s line sportback quattro. The problem is I don't know which springs to go for.
The options are...Eibach -30mm, Direnza -25mm or Pi -25mm.
I think the Eibachs will probably be the better quality but -30mm may be a bit too low.
Any thoughts?
Cheers folks.

I'm going to lower my A3 tdi s line sportback quattro. The problem is I don't know which springs to go for.
The options are...Eibach -30mm, Direnza -25mm or Pi -25mm.
I think the Eibachs will probably be the better quality but -30mm may be a bit too low.
Any thoughts?
Cheers folks.
PM DPM performance site sponsor and he will help you

Reactions: DPM
S-line is already lowered from factory so you need to take this off any quoted drop. The Eibach Pro springs will give a very subtle drop, anything less than a 30mm drop wouldn't really be worth while doing.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Always worth doing , I've had drops as little as 15mm and 25mm on different cars with big improvements in handling .

I probably worded that wrong - anything less then a 30mm drop, which would be only around a further 10mm lowering on an S-line model, wouldn't really be that noticeable.

Damian @ DPM Performance

So the 25mm springs are out. And presumably the 30mm eibachs will only drop it by 5mm?

Well I've bought some H&R -35mm springs and getting them fitted Monday.

I'm going to have a full geometry set up but now much is actually adjustable on a a3 tdi sportback quattro?