Which transmission software version fixes "throttle lag"

jasa004

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I would like to ask if anyone who's done the software update which fixes the so-called "throttle lag" knows which version it is?

My transmission currently is 8W0927155F version 0004.

I got all the update files and VCP to update myself. Next version regarding my software number is 0005 which im planning to do anyway.

Never heard there is a fix unless its a tune. Report back if you succeed.

@jasa004 do you have any further info on this? I have an S4 but wasn’t aware of any software update?

cheers
K

@jasa004 do you have any further info on this? I have an S4 but wasn’t aware of any software update?

cheers
K
Hey m8, i gathered the info from these two forum threads..

Dunno about these cars but on many cars to fix a throttle lag, just switch ignition on but don’t start engine, hold accelerator to the floor for 30 seconds. Switch off, take foot off throttle, wait at least two minutes and then restart and drive like you stole it! I used to have to do that every so often on my Evoque. I think the ecu just 'learns' your driving style and acclimatises to it.

Dunno about these cars but on many cars to fix a throttle lag, just switch ignition on but don’t start engine, hold accelerator to the floor for 30 seconds. Switch off, take foot off throttle, wait at least two minutes and then restart and drive like you stole it! I used to have to do that every so often on my Evoque. I think the ecu just 'learns' your driving style and acclimatises to it.
That's exactly what i just did about 10 minutes ago, will test it later. Though i followed a different guide.. (hold accelerator, start ignition, hold 15seconds, stop ignition, release brake, wait 2-3minutes)

It's built in lag in the software , only developer coding or a software update addressing it or a throttle controller will sort it .

No it's a device to control the population of car drivers by killing people coming out of junctions and joining roundabouts .

Technically possible to gain economy on the motorway but normal driving sees too much of a prod to get it moving then the throttle plate plays catch up and then the input is too great wasting fuel .

No it's a device to control the population of car drivers by killing people coming out of junctions and joining roundabouts .
Yep. Sounds dangerous to me. When I pull out at a junction or join a roundabout, the last thing I want is a dose of lag! :fearscream:

I tried this today , definitely feels more responsive

Reactions: Steve D
When I bought my S1 I can remember joking to the salesman after a test drive saying 'Sure this is not supercharged!' because it was so responsive. 3K miles ago I had it remaped, was brilliant for 1K then the clutch decided to go out to lunch (apparently originals made of cheese!). Had a new DMF and paddle clutch fitted which after 1.5K of driving like grandma to bed in is brilliant though judders a bit in traffic as you would expect. Anyhow, once clutch bedded in and able to open her up again I have had the dreaded throttle lag you all speak of. It happens whenever you change gear and if you just hold the throttle at any revs then plant your foot quick, which leads me to think it's not turbo lag. So far I have spent a fortune at garages trying to fix the problem, even to the point of having the remap removed and put back to stock. The last garage has had it on a dyno and found a 'hole' in the map between 3.5K and 4.5K rpm where the BHP and torque dip and even riched up the mix to 12 AFR, dip gone but problem still there. Will try this fix and will go crazy if it turned out to be so simple!!!!