Which tyre?

Reaction score
Hi people... Just newly registered! Purchased my s3 8p January this year.. Completely in love with her!!!! Booked in for first service next week... So far have installed revo stage 1 and currently in process of stage 2 with non res de cat miltek turbo back exhaust system....
Main point to this thread is that I bought the car, and on purchase it came with spanking new "budget" tyres... I'm soon to be looking to replace/change these tyres and wanted people's opinions on which performance tyre is best!? I have friends who own RS3's RS4's and use P-Zeros and Yokohama.. Wondered if anyone had opinions for what's best on my model??
Have read articles and magazines on tyres and I notice the name "Goodyear F1 Eagle" a lot! But wanted to hear from people who own and live with same car and model as I!

All feedback appreciated guys!! :)

Reactions: Vito
Dunlop Sport RT
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 and Super Sports
Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2
Continental ContactSport 5

All good.

Reactions: Prees83
F1 assymetric 2's on mine, can't imagine needing anything more and can be had for a good money. All out performance road tyre though... Pilot Super Sports for sure.

I'm using Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on my S3 on a stage 3, fantastic tyres even in the wet are really good.

Vote for michelin here however I have not tried the others, super sports are insane.

Really good feedback guys thanks!!! Seems Michelin are the manufacturer to go with ! Appreciated!! :)

Im going for the Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical 2 next week! Been reading loads recently and these get the best reviews out of the ones you have wrote down!
I would imagine the Contact 5's are extremely good too though!

Got the conti 5's on mine atm and they are a great tyre, came on the car when i bought it in March with 7mm on and still have just under 5mm after around 8k miles, will be trying the Goodyear F1's next tho as i hade them on my golf and were very grippy but with probably a little faster wear.

Im going for the Goodyear F1 Asymmetrical 2 next week! Been reading loads recently and these get the best reviews out of the ones you have wrote down!
I would imagine the Contact 5's are extremely good too though!
Agree mate, think we've been reading similar reports and reviews!! :)

Reactions: Compkiler
Had experience with any of these on an 8p?

I've used PS2's,PS3's F1s and Pilot Supersports,as well as Toyo R888s.

For dry use,the R888s can be superb when truly warm.

All round use,the Pilot Supersports are outstanding,and above all of the others I've used.

I've used PS2's,PS3's F1s and Pilot Supersports,as well as Toyo R888s.

For dry use,the R888s can be superb when truly warm.

All round use,the Pilot Supersports are outstanding,and above all of the others I've used.
Great comment.. Thanks for your opinion! I'm defo siding with supersports! :)

Reactions: S3Alex
Great comment.. Thanks for your opinion! I'm defo siding with supersports! :)

They're pretty close on dry grip to a decent trackday tyre,without needing to have the tyre really hot,and as good as anything I've used in wet or cold weather,so I'd say the best all-round tyre by far,that I've used.

What about this tyre any good I am after 4 for my car
goodyear
>
Goodyear >
Efficientgrip Performance >
225/40 R18 92W XL, MFS
11098.jpg
Non contractual pictures

11098.jpg

All our tyres 225/40 R18
All our tyres 225/40 R18 92W
Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance
225/40R18 92W

Hi Leeds lad

Not familiar with that particular tyre I'm afraid. If you want a performance tyre from Goodyear then, as said above, the Eagle Assymetric 2 is a good tyre. Other ones that I can personally recommend are Michelin Pilot Sport 2 and Dunlop Sportmaxx RT.

Where abouts in Leeds are you based?

Ok thanks I go for this tyes Eagle Assymetric 2 only difference in price is 3 quids

I've got falkens Ziex 912. Started using them on my 8l s3 last year, stuck to them with my 2.0t sportback. For the money I think they are great, only issue I have is that they don't have much of a overhang for kerb protection etc. I've heard good things about vredestien tyres also

Conti Sport Contact 5's on both of ours (S3 & the TDI Quattro)

Only ever put Continental Sport Contacts on our S3. Just had the 5's put on this time.