Which wheels did you choose ?

Detector

Just waiting for the green light
Reaction score
OK Guys, If you had a choice when you bought your A3 which wheels did you choose and what was it that influenced your decision ?​

Simple answers, we don't need your life history:no:

1. Which wheels
2. Cost, looks, ease of cleaning ?

For me it was 5 spoke 18" because they look damn good and they're the quickest to clean.

14 spokes cos I think they look the best. Cleaning problems don't come into it.

I'm the same the standard 18" 5 spoke, I don't think that multi look that good.:unsure:

Course cleaning comes into it!!!!!!! The best design alloys in the world look awful if not cleaned regularly and properly (ie they stain and go dull and brown) I chose the 18" s-line wheels for this very reason as above - they look good, are a nice size and are nice and easy to keep clean and bright looking - they will stay looking good for years to come when these spoky doky ones look crap - i hate fussy arty farty spoky wheels - what drives anyone to pay extra for them is beyond me

18" RS4 OE Audi fitted - although I think I'm going to get them off the car as soon as I take delivery, get some RS4 19's on there and ebay the 18's!

I took the S-line 5 spokes partly because they look better(on the A3) and partly because of ease of cleaning. I have BBS 14 spokes on my T4 and they are a pain to keep clean. The S-line wheels you just wipe over pretty much with no niggly bits.

14 spokes are by far the best in terms of looks(BBS CH) the 20 spokes are too fussy and the RS6 far too common!!!:moa:

steve184 said:
Course cleaning comes into it!!!!!!! The best design alloys in the world look awful if not cleaned regularly and properly (ie they stain and go dull and brown) I chose the 18" s-line wheels for this very reason as above - they look good, are a nice size and are nice and easy to keep clean and bright looking - they will stay looking good for years to come when these spoky doky ones look crap - i hate fussy arty farty spoky wheels - what drives anyone to pay extra for them is beyond me

What was it I was saying about life history ? :rulez:

I went for the Standard S3 wheels.

Other options were S-lIne (Rs6) style and the Multispoke. I went for teh standard one because both of the others are available as options on the rest of the A3 range, so I thought it gave me a slightly rarer wheel.

Standard S-line 18's for me too.
I like their simplicity of design and easy cleaning.

I went for the round ones! :) Sorry, cheap gag.

My SE arrived on 16s but a year ago I bought some 17" Stars which look great and are dead easy to clean too.

Detector said:
What was it I was saying about life history ? :rulez:

ooooooops - didn't think that was life history - just disagreeing with the earlier comment about cleaning not coming into it!

steve184 said:
Course cleaning comes into it!!!!!!! The best design alloys in the world look awful if not cleaned regularly and properly

Er I wasn't suggesting that I don't clean them!!! I was stating that cleaning problems don't come into it, factor into it, make any difference for me etc. I'd rather have the best looking ones even though they take more effort to look after.

steve184 said:
just disagreeing with the earlier comment about cleaning not coming into it!

You can't disagree with my opinion. It's mine!

The standard 18" Sline wheels are the best and the easiest to clean

but nearly every A3 has got them,

thats why i got some genuine S3 18"s for my A3

:racer:

steve184 said:
ooooooops - didn't think that was life history - just disagreeing with the earlier comment about cleaning not coming into it!

Only joking my friend :)

i went for the 14 spoke 18" BBS rims, they for me, look SO much better than the other options, and, not as common.