Whining or high pitched noise

TEBO

Reaction score
I seem to hear a high pitched noise or whine when accelerating (mostly fast accelerating) and decelerating on spirited drives. Could this be a differential issue? Maybe a wheel bearing? I also read somewhere it could've been the water pump/ thermostat or maybe a bad starter. Last 2 seem very weird to me, nonetheless doesn't hurt mentioning them.
Car is on 44k kilometers, had haldex service at 29k kilometers. at 46k I'll change all oils including Haldex oil, clean the gauze etc. (is pump learn really required?) As well as front and rear diff oils and gearbox oil... Just a really big service coming up... If anyone know about the noise, please reply :)
Thanks in advance!!

I seem to hear a high pitched noise or whine when accelerating (mostly fast accelerating) and decelerating on spirited drives. Could this be a differential issue? Maybe a wheel bearing? I also read somewhere it could've been the water pump/ thermostat or maybe a bad starter. Last 2 seem very weird to me, nonetheless doesn't hurt mentioning them.
Car is on 44k kilometers, had haldex service at 29k kilometers. at 46k I'll change all oils including Haldex oil, clean the gauze etc. (is pump learn really required?) As well as front and rear diff oils and gearbox oil... Just a really big service coming up... If anyone know about the noise, please reply :)
Thanks in advance!!
My car has exactly the same noise I think. If I slip the car into neutral or put the clutch in and rev it you can hear it too. The noise seems to get louder and higher pitched with the increasing revs. It is very noticeable when engine braking too. I asked my local Audi dealer to have a look at it when it was in for some extensive brake work. The tech said he couldn't hear anything abnormal so I'm not sure if it's just an S1 thing. I haven't had a single drive in the car since buying it in May 2020 where the noise hasn't been audible.

If you do get any update on what the noise could be, please let me know as I am curious