Whistle at high revs

Nard666

Reaction score
Hi i have a whistle at high revs I've been told by a mechanic this is a caused by a split pipe I'm not very good with mechanics but due to lack of funds i could do with sorting this out myself unfortunately I don't how to find this or where to start looking also my bonnet ram is knackered and my washer bottle lid has popped open a few times so maybe I have heat coming from the passenger side at the back of the engine? Please help
Thanks

My first action would be to find the nearest person with VCDS, look at the forums VCDS Users map. Failing that I would get someone to switch on the engine and raise the revs up slowly whilst you try to locate the area of the noise, then if successful access a parts map of that area to do with any turbo or vacuum hoses, then replace.

Not sure which engine you have so am limited to the above unless some one else has had the same fault.

Hi thanks for your response, sorry i didn't give enough details, I have vcds nothing I didn't know about showed up on it from what I can tell, it sounds like passengers side at the back of the engine to me though of course i could be wrong, I haven't got a complete version of the turbo system though, although I have found an oil leak on the intake side around the damper so i have ordered a new seal though i don't know if this is actually the issue? And my engine is a 3.0 tdi (bmk)