white 3 door at stoke audi

mojo555

Reaction score
Passing Stoke Audi today and had a very quick look at the new A3 they had sat near the entrance from what i saw it looked a little like an A1 but bigger i actually quite liked it as it looks much better in the flesh, didnt get to look inside as was in a rush, might pop down tomorrow when i got more time and take some pics....

jeez! its just different panels and trim! that is all!
same as the golf, all cosmetic!
the chassis and drivetrain are untouched so basically not "new" at all.
i know this because i make the hubs for these! and nowt is different!
but if you must keep up with the jones"s, crack on! i would rather have a 1 year old a3 rather than a new one, save a few quid, have a nicer looking car and have a nice holiday with the change! "bonus"! :sm4:

Please do!
Im waiting for my s-line white to come :footy:
(est. delivery is 31st Oct)

jeez! its just different panels and trim! that is all!
same as the golf, all cosmetic!
the chassis and drivetrain are untouched so basically not "new" at all.
i know this because i make the hubs for these! and nowt is different!
but if you must keep up with the jones"s, crack on! i would rather have a 1 year old a3 rather than a new one, save a few quid, have a nicer looking car and have a nice holiday with the change! "bonus"! :sm4:

If the car is not "new at all" then why has this got a 5* safety rating when the 8P had 4? More has been done than just panels and trim, even if they are using the same engine and other parts, it's still been updated.

If the car is not "new at all" then why has this got a 5* safety rating when the 8P had 4? More has been done than just panels and trim, even if they are using the same engine and other parts, it's still been updated.

probably down to the use of newer impact friendly plastics in the crumple zones plus more safety sensors and such i would imagine!
oh! and seat door mounted mirrors that look awfull! :whistle2:

Last edited:
probably down to the use of newer impact friendly plastics in the crumple zones plus more safety sensors and such i would imagine!
oh! and seat door mounted mirrors that look awfull! :whistle2:

what about all the harness changes and the new ECU?

Might be the same parts in places but there is a hell of a lot more new stuff.

Actually, unless they've lied, this uses the new modular platform that Audi are bringing in across the range (eventually). So yes, the chassis is completely different but maybe hubs and things like that which are smaller and cheaper are the same?

Actually, unless they've lied, this uses the new modular platform that Audi are bringing in across the range (eventually). So yes, the chassis is completely different but maybe hubs and things like that which are smaller and cheaper are the same?

That's quite true. The new 8V Audi A3 is a completely new car. It use the new MQB platform which will be used acroos the Volkswagen Group by the new Golf 7 plus a new Skoda Octavia and the new Seat Leon. The styling will be different for each manufacturer but the underlying platform and engines/gearboxes will be the same. The interior on the 8V A3 is also completely new and it is fitted will all sorts of extra electronic goodies. The only thing that is the same between the 8P and the 8V is the name.

The new models will be in dealers showrooms from 15 September. The Prices and Specification brochure is available online at Audi UK.