White paint on black car nightmare - HELP!

Glad you're getting it sorted mate, looking at plasti dipping my grille in the next few days, could be an option?

Glad you're getting it sorted mate, looking at plasti dipping my grille in the next few days, could be an option?

Thanks. Plasti Dipping definitely an option, I'm always seeing it get mentioned on here but I know nothing about it. If I can't clean the grills up I'll do some research.

Plastidip would be a good option, but it's not as good as the black edition grille :(

I've done it on mine, from a few metre away you can't tell at all however the inside of the grill is glossy whilst the outside chrome is matte black!

Only just seen this. Can't believe the scum out there that do such things, they should have verious large and sharp instruments used as catheters!

Glad you managed to clean it up though, despite the hard graft. Still, you can metaphorically charge yourself £450 an hour for your labout going on the Audi quote!

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again :ermm:

Hadn't seen the post Jason, looks good!! Glad it has been recovered!

Good outcome so far bud!!

Really hope it doesn't happen again...

Might be worth changing the flick switches on your Power Magic too? Set it for 72hrs maybe?

Good outcome so far bud!!

Really hope it doesn't happen again...

Might be worth changing the flick switches on your Power Magic too? Set it for 72hrs maybe?

I was actually thinking about bypassing the power magic by sticking both feeds into a permanent live to guarantee that the camera is working and then just carrying some jump leads in the boot in case it drains the battery! It seems to be working fine again now, I think it was just unlucky that it happened over the New Year when the car had been parked for a couple of days, it doesn't normally sit for that long without being used.

You must be chuffed with your efforts, You've done a great job so far. Dry spell this weekend apparently so get the grill off and have a bash at it in the comfort of your kitchen. :thumb_icon:

I was actually thinking about bypassing the power magic by sticking both feeds into a permanent live to guarantee that the camera is working and then just carrying some jump leads in the boot in case it drains the battery! It seems to be working fine again now, I think it was just unlucky that it happened over the New Year when the car had been parked for a couple of days, it doesn't normally sit for that long without being used.

Cool.

I think Sidibear has his wired in permanently... Don't think he has had too many issues :)

id be gutted if that happened to me, your one lucky guy to get it looking that good again for 30 quids worth of stuff!

heres my aftermarket fk grill after three coates of decent matt black mate about an hours work

WOW :w00t: how lucky is that looks amazing now. Id come up with conclusion it was going to be a replacement job. Congrats!

Sorry that I'd not come across this thread sooner, but looks like you've managed to get most of it sorted out.

The black magic will basically mask with fillers any remaining issues with the bonnet/bumper therefore this will be a temporary fix. I would suggest that once the weather improves that you get a detailer to take a look over the paintwork as there will be some remaining marks that will show up once the sun starts to emerge, ie weather improves - particularly moreso as its a black car which at the best of times shows up any imperfections.

Once is bad enough, but I can't believe they came back! Some unbelievable scum around! Are you just going to never park it there again though?

It looks as if you have made a good recovery, but I would think it'll need a good machine polish to get rid of all of the marks it/ you will have created in the process.

heres my aftermarket fk grill after three coates of decent matt black mate about an hours work

Looks good!
Managed to get most of the adhesive off of my grill and fog surround this morning using a fine craft knife so I'm hopeful that I can get away without having to paint it. The original grill has a gloss surround so I don't know if it would look quite right if I spray the whole thing matt.

Sorry that I'd not come across this thread sooner, but looks like you've managed to get most of it sorted out.

The black magic will basically mask with fillers any remaining issues with the bonnet/bumper therefore this will be a temporary fix. I would suggest that once the weather improves that you get a detailer to take a look over the paintwork as there will be some remaining marks that will show up once the sun starts to emerge, ie weather improves - particularly moreso as its a black car which at the best of times shows up any imperfections.

Thanks, I used black magic about 6 months ago on an area that had been T-Cutted and it still looks great. Considering how the paint looked a couple of days ago I'm not really bothered about achieving perfection at the moment but as you suggest I can always re-evaluate later in the year and make some improvements.

Once is bad enough, but I can't believe they came back! Some unbelievable scum around! Are you just going to never park it there again though?

It looks as if you have made a good recovery, but I would think it'll need a good machine polish to get rid of all of the marks it/ you will have created in the process.

I haven't decided what to do about parking yet - part of me wants to polish the car and stick it straight back in the same spot just to put two fingers up to them (making damn sure that the camera is working this time!) but it would be pretty depressing if it happens again after all of the effort it has taken to clean it up. I'm also a bit concerned that if they see it back immediately without any damage they will think that the adhesive just washed straight off and try to find something else to chuck on it - if they throw brake fluid or similar over the car then nothing short of a respray is going to put that right!

Park in the same place and sleep in the car, got to worth getting a few knee caps. I know it's all wishful thinking like you've mentioned before its you who would end up getting in trouble for teaching scum a lesson. I've for my fingers crossed for you anyway bud and you've certainly put some elbow grease in getting it back from how it looked.

Reactions: jasonc
Damn mate what a story :( I can't beleive what kind of people goes around... We work our asses off to have something we enjoy like a nice car and then these low life scumbags just destroy every fun :-/ I would like them to get cought, but in the end, you may only get trouble trying to catch them... And if you hurt them law is on their side :( Hope you have some other places to park in the vicinity :(

I had my rear view mirror broken by garbage truck, passenger door dented by some jerk opening his car and bumping really forcefully into mine (and I always try to leave as much space as I can on both sides, so this was just pure idiotism), bonet bented god knows how, security tyre valve caps stolen with some tool that damaged the paint on the weels, and as cream on the cake - passenger side damaged by someone drawing a line with some sharp object (maybe a key).... And this final thing happened in business district where A3 is in the low end range, so obviously you don't have to be poor or unemployed to be jelous *******....

I'm really glad to see that you've succeed to fix it.... and to all of those who damage other people's property without any reason whatsoever I wish nothing less but a slow and painfull death from lung cancer...

Alright mate sorry to see such a nice car with a problem like this as. a professional detailer the first thing i would try would be some 2000 wet and dry paper(keep the paper soaking wet) ,which will knock the white of the original black paint once youve done this your original paint will be matt but dont panic ,you then need to hit it with some 3m fast cut(green top) on a heavy mop head with 3m you can get matching colour mop heads, they match the colour of the polish bottle lid , that should get rid of all flatting marks and put a shine back on the paint then you need to repeat the polishing process with 3m yellow top with matching mop head then again with 3m blue top to remove swirl marks ect.BE CAREFUL ITS EASY TO BURN THROUGH THE PAINT WITH A MOP JUST KEEP THE MOP(MACHINE POLISHER) MOVING WITH THE HEAD FLAT ON THE BODY PANELS,BUMPER ETC) ALSO KEEP THE SPEED DOWN AND THE MOP HEAD MOIST(if the heads too wet it will just cause a mess and not cut in to the paint enough) this will also work on your head light . if you are confident i recommend doing the whole car as your paint work will come up like new but take your time it will take a good days work to complete the hole car .if your not confident in doing this yourself i advise seeking professional help, most good body shops would be able to help you but dont let them blag that it needs respraying as that will cost £300 upwards and i really really doubt it needs paint .i would charge around £150 to sort the white paint and flat and polish your whole car, im in the bedfordshire area if that helps .but dont let yourself get ripped off through lack of knowledge this should cost around £100 to sort out then around £150 to do the whole car ...hope this helps