Who collects on 1st March 14?

Not long till people are getting their cars....I take it they will be delivered to dealers soon but would anyone be affected by floods? Do cars arrive in ports down in the south where flooding is occurring? Even worse people collecting cars from dealers affected by floods?

Not long till people are getting their cars....I take it they will be delivered to dealers soon but would anyone be affected by floods? Do cars arrive in ports down in the south where flooding is occurring? Even worse people collecting cars from dealers affected by floods?

I think the only port that might be affected is Sheerness. Grimsby and Tyne seem to be well away from any flooding or coastal storms. I just hope no dealers or their storage areas are affected.

Mine's in Oxford having it's PDI. Being delivered on 4th March. Day off work I think!

Had confirmation that my car was built (wk 6) and is on its way to Emden. Not confirmed yet though if it will be ready for 1st March. Hopefully one those car carrying ships are on its way to Emden to pick up in next day or so!

I think the only port that might be affected is Sheerness. Grimsby and Tyne seem to be well away from any flooding or coastal storms. I just hope no dealers or their storage areas are affected.

Here here!! Which dealers will be effected by sheerness?

Went up to Derby yesterday to take one final look before the 1st. Car looks great and no marks on it that I can see. Held up my new Quattro rear window vinyl cut logo to see how it would look against the tints. Will be nice and subtle, perfect.

As I was leaving a chap collared me and and asked me where I got it because he wanted one for his RS5 he was collecting yesterday.

Saw a few other S3s in the car park too, all with 14 plates on them now!

Robo, I saw your red sportback, looks lovely mate. It's got a reg!

Went up to Derby yesterday to take one final look before the 1st. Car looks great and no marks on it that I can see. Held up my new Quattro rear window vinyl cut logo to see how it would look against the tints. Will be nice and subtle, perfect.

As I was leaving a chap collared me and and asked me where I got it because he wanted one for his RS5 he was collecting yesterday.

Nice one!! Weather looks ok today so I think I'm gonna deffo go over! They gave me the list to pick my plate when I went up the other day... There was nothing worth getting excited about though!!! Picked that one as I thought it was easy to remember....

Here here!! Which dealers will be effected by sheerness?

Normally Sheerness is used for dealers in Southern England and possibly as far as the South West. I wonder if any dealers in those areas are having problems. I'm sure they would have moved their cars before any flooding.

Some years ago I took delivery of an A3 from a dealer in St Ives in Cambridgeshire. To get planning permission for this building they had to build it so that the floor level was about 1200mm above ground level. When I went past a few days later their building was like a castle with a moat of water all around! Fortunately they had already moved all their cars to higher ground but the only way for any staff to get to the building was by boat.

What's this Quattro vinyl sticker like then?

Number plate now allocated!!! It's getting closer. 450hrs to go!!

Reactions: robo1million, Sandra and PilotAudi
Picking up on the night of the 28th February - should drive out of dealers at 00.01 Hrs.

18 days and a handful of hours now....

Reactions: Mjs and PilotAudi
After months of waiting my build week is finally here :)
.....Now for more waiting.
Watched a YouTube film of the assembly line in the plant over the weekend (I think I need hitting on the head with a wooden spoon to snap me out of this!) and got all a quiver. Even considered a cherished plate as a gift to myself (Hi Pilot....lol) but so far, decided I have better things to spend £250 - £400 on, at the mo at least.

Looking forward to dealer updates this week.

Reactions: PilotAudi
Good to hear Baldy

Enjoy.

I'm going bald too but apparently it's a sign of virility? Must ask the old wife !

Reactions: Baldyone
I am getting my A3 Sportback Sline 1.4COD in Daytona Grey on the 1st. Basingstoke Audi doing the midnight driveaway which I'm going to. Pay all the stuff and sign during the day then turn up at 11pm for some light entertainment and food / drink then all drive away at 12! Can't wait.

Reactions: Baldyone and Jazzhighlander
Has anyone who is picking up their new Audi on 01st March been asked to visit the dealer the last week of Feb to go through the finance paperwork? I am purchasing my car on a PPC and have a cash balance to pay. I thought that you only signed to accept the car and sign the finance paperwork when you actually collected the car, which is the 01st March. Is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks

I am paying the day before as they have 50 odd cars going out the door at midnight then another 20 odd the next day.

Reactions: dizzyheights
Has anyone who is picking up their new Audi on 01st March been asked to visit the dealer the last week of Feb to go through the finance paperwork? I am purchasing my car on a PPC and have a cash balance to pay. I thought that you only signed to accept the car and sign the finance paperwork when you actually collected the car, which is the 01st March. Is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks

I paid for mine a few days before back in August. Presumably you've paid the deposit when you ordered, and you can get a receipt, so what's the difference? Pay on credit card if you are concerned and you're protected.

I paid for mine a few days before back in August. Presumably you've paid the deposit when you ordered, and you can get a receipt, so what's the difference? Pay on credit card if you are concerned and you're protected.

I'm not sure that most dealers will accept a credit card for the cost of a new car because it will cost them too much in fees. Mine is happy to accept credit card payment for the deposit but for the final payment. Debit card should be no problem though.

I am paying the day before as they have 50 odd cars going out the door at midnight then another 20 odd the next day.

That's one of the problems with having a new car on 1st March or 1sr September. Personally I prefer to collect mine when it's only mine that is being collected. More personal service.

Thanks

I don't think my car will be here for the 1st, but I went into the dealers yesterday to start the cherished plate transfer and whilst I was there, I signed up all the finance paperwork. I thought it saves time nearer pickup and because the pickup date is within the month, I got what I thought was a cracking deal on my PX, so went for it!!

Has anyone been given a choice of registration numbers for their new car? Or is it what the dealer gives you?

Has anyone been given a choice of registration numbers for their new car? Or is it what the dealer gives you?

I think some people have been given a choice out of those that have been allocated to their dealer.

I was just given a random one. But I'll be putting my private plate on so it doesn't make much difference to me

Ah right. I take it you can't change it once the dealer allocates you a reg?

I wouldn't have thought so as the car is then registered.

I was just given a random one. But I'll be putting my private plate on so it doesn't make much difference to me

Same here but my dealer will register the new car directly with my private plate and will only get a 'normal' number when I sell it. I put my number on retention and just give the Retention Certificate to the dealer and that allows him to register it with H5DJR.

What's the cheapest reg plate? Is £399 the cheapest through DVLA?

I was emailed a screenshot of all of the options for my car. Must have been a list 30 long, plenty of choice. No real nice ones but I got something that means something to me.

I had a choice of only 4 reg plates from my dealer -a lot of their allocation list had already been allocated to cars already at the dealership and my car is still en route - but none of the plates looked aesthetically pleasing - I might be mad but some letter combinations just look odd to me.

i was told build week 8.
when is that? about now i think from what i read ages ago.
2nd week of march delivery apprently, but ive not had any cofirmation from the dealer yet

Just had a call from the dealer asking if I wanted to do a midnight collection. Had to say yes as they also stated that they will not be doing any collections during the day on Saturday the 1st.

Reactions: PilotAudi
i was told build week 8.
when is that? about now i think from what i read ages ago.
2nd week of march delivery apprently, but ive not had any cofirmation from the dealer yet

Build week 8 starts on Monday 17 February.

Reactions: d8ean