Who else is sick of being ill?

unkle

Beer God
Reaction score
For most of December I've been at deaths door, everytime I get a little bit better it comes back with a vengence, I've nick named it Chuck Norris flu as its done nothing but kick my **** everyday oh and Im coughing that much I've had people at work say I should quit smoking I've never had a ciggie in my life! B'STARD FLU! Dont buy anything with Beechams on the packet its all RUBBISH!

Also, Im gonna buy shares in Andrex as I cant go 30 seconds without blowing my nose!

Cant wait for the summer!

/rant

2.5 months later still coughing mate unbloody real tbh getting well hacked of with it as if step outside coughing starts & migraine follows arrgghhh

ive been feeling constantly rough since having my thyroid out last year. constantly feel between 50 and 70% "wellness".
i keep moaning everytime i go back for blood tests, but they say im fine. im not ****** fine!

Thyroid removal is fairly serious mate, it basically controls usage of energy, I remember when mine had some funny tsh readings, check this link as it may explain why you feel rundown as such chap, they do need to do some tests to check some things, cant recall what they were, maybe T3, T4 & TRH/TSH levels, sub39h on here is a doctor, maybe he can advise.

Thyroid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hi mate. thanks to NHN for pointing me in your direction. if you want you can PM me a bit more info and we'll take it from there

Last edited:
murran

Dont go moaning to nige about thyroid !! Next thing ya know you have a VCDS lead stuck up ya *** while he re codes it.:(

hi mate. thanks to NHN for pointing me in your direction. if you want you can PM me a bit more info and we'll take it from there

Just out of curiosity what kind of Doctor are you mate?

Your not a VET are you? lol

I am also feeling like S***t at the mo and dont understand why, must be a bug going round.

Last edited:
TBH chap, this past years flu has been a real ******* to shift, some really funny bugs around last year & even now, that just will not go away, 3rd month I'm in & any cold air breathed in culminates in stupid coughing & headaches because coughing so much, before this I was slumped in bed for days at a time cause felt so tired 24/7, sweating like a dog, just feeling *****, feel better now but still drained.

TBH chap, this past years flu has been a real ******* to shift, some really funny bugs around last year & even now, that just will not go away, 3rd month I'm in & any cold air breathed in culminates in stupid coughing & headaches because coughing so much, before this I was slumped in bed for days at a time cause felt so tired 24/7, sweating like a dog, just feeling *****, feel better now but still drained.

The stress and depression of rising fuel, food, insurance and tax costs does'nt help either.

Im sick to the back teeth of being screwed by this government!

I think everyone is sick to death of the goverment
The whole country should go on strike lol
I'm surprised there hasnt been more riots.....................

On another note
I'm totally fed up of feeling like crap. Everyday i wake up with swollen glands sore throat headache and some times it goes away for a day and then it comes back

I wish everyone would wake up & see its not this goverment that created the issues we have now, it was the previous & the new goverment are having to alienate everyone to get us back on some form of even keel as such, years of spending money we dont have has caused the issues we have now & yes WE are responsible for allot of this aswell as it seems WE cant count at the end of every month, its simple we get paid X & we can spend Y, but allot of people have actually spent Z leaving a massive debt trail behind them & going forward.

Anyway back on the thread point, anyone actually tried coding there **** with VCDS..............................

feeling better recently tbh, theyve put me up to 175mg of thyroxine a day now.
think thats all it is tbh. bit of guess work from testing my blood.....
i had medulary thyroid cancer, had two ops. one to remove the right side (lump) and the left a few months later.
tho my calcatonin levels in my blood are untraceable as of my last blood test (november), aparently thats really good, so they say (and so ive read.).

are you being managed by a GP or a surgeon? GPs can sometimes be a little cautious with the thyroxine which would explain your symptoms - not enough thyroid hormone will make you feel lethargic and run down.

anyhow glad to hear that it's being sorted, and as you rightly say low calcitonin is a good thing :icon_thumright:

i sent you a PM just in case you did need any advice.

S.

Last edited:
I'm also fed up of feeling ill all the time. Had terrible cough and chest infection in October which knocked me for 6 for a couple of weeks then was in bed for 2 weeks all over Xmas with swine flu. NEVER felt so ill in my life, was frightening at times as the asthma was scary! Had flu vaccine now so lets hope im ok til the summer!!!

Shame all this cold weather doesnt kill all these bugs!

Had the bug since Christmas day with no let up,only good thing about is that I can use the stuff I'm coughing up instead of blue tac to put posters up.

I have to feel sorry for all you chaps and chap-esses. Every year, i feel more and more lucky, as I get at most, 2 minor colds a year which give me a bit of the sniffles for a day or so and pretty much no other symptoms. I have not had a day off sick since I was in primary school! I put it down to being a teetotal, non-smoking, sweet munching, gym addict with no kids.

Amazingly for the first time that I can recall, I was home for Christmas with all my family, and not one person in the house was ill at any point over the entire Xmas and New Year period, except for a few nahgovers! Weird...

Cheers,

Well, despite dealing with a high amount if customers face to face, I managed to stay clear of any illness over the Xmas/new year period... until this morning. Got me a sore throat, I'm now croaking. Nothing major though, should clear up pretty quick!

Quite surprised myself to be honest, with my rather unhealthy lifestyle! lol

I got diagnosed with chrons disease and m.e. some time ago and had to have half my large intestine removed. I make the most of days when I feel good :)

Urm thats an interesting post, I've had fairly bad stomach problems for many years & now I have bad joints aswell along with tiredness most of the time, of which some of these symptoms are associated with crohns, problem is internet diagnosis is stupid although informative, but seeing a consultant is like talking to a mirror as in you feel like your talking to yourself & nobody is actually listening, they dont even look at you half the time when talking with you about your problems & to actually get them to listen to you, given you're the one with issues is a rarity.

I have a great consultant who has followed me from being private through to NHS. If they one you have is crap talk to your GP and get a better one.

Please tell me its not a Mr Chisholm, did one of my ops over your way when I lived in woking, useless ***** he was & his secretatry was a stuck up cow who didnt return any of my calls then I get grief from the consultant for complaining to/about her, well if they answered 1 call then I wouldnt have reason to be ****** of.

are you being managed by a GP or a surgeon? GPs can sometimes be a little cautious with the thyroxine which would explain your symptoms - not enough thyroid hormone will make you feel lethargic and run down.

anyhow glad to hear that it's being sorted, and as you rightly say low calcitonin is a good thing :icon_thumright:

i sent you a PM just in case you did need any advice.

S.

monetored by the "thyroid team" at weston park hosp.

yeah lathargic and cant be ***** with owt is how ive been feeling. getting better tho.

thanks for the pm, thought id reply in here tho.

Please tell me its not a Mr Chisholm, did one of my ops over your way when I lived in woking, useless ***** he was & his secretatry was a stuck up cow who didnt return any of my calls then I get grief from the consultant for complaining to/about her, well if they answered 1 call then I wouldnt have reason to be ****** of.

Nope, not him. I had my op in Canada while I was there and been in the care of someone very helpful ever since I got back.

some surgeons are twats - simple fact. when (if) i make it to being a surgeon i really REALLY hope it doesn't rub off on me but monkey see, monkey do. ah well at least the new generation of surgeons are wkd. all the ones i used to work for were nothing short of an amazing bunch of ppl

just find another consultant mate. doctors are rarely anything special, if one is rubbish go to a better one

Last edited:
I dont frigging well believe it, I'm ill yet again ***, got a flu again, getting fedup with this now, nice sunny days, cant get near my little girl, arrghh how ****** annoying.

I dont frigging well believe it, I'm ill yet again ***, got a flu again, getting fedup with this now, nice sunny days, cant get near my little girl, arrghh how ****** annoying.

must be a "freshers' flu" type thing mate - we're all diseased, but when you live in one place long enough you've already had what everyone else has had. when you move you get the diseases everyone else has had but you haven't.

You never know who you'd find in the gym these days...........................wait for it

Make the most of your health and do all you can to get better by giving yourself time to recover. You only have one body, although like cars it can be modded.

The one thing for certain is that as you age, recovery takes longer, if ever.

Definitely make the most of what you've got for how ever long it lasts each day as banoffee says.

Last edited: