Who Got a Demo Car to Test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudiNutta

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering as I have seen a few people manage to get an RS to use over a day or weekend on a trial, how many of you have been able to blag this and how? :-D

I am going to put a securing deposit on an order in May, this will hold a slot for me for whichever model will be the latest by the time I have to place an order at the end of the year ready for May 2017 delivery.

I wouldn't imagine for most of you a demo car to take away would be an issue, but I will be 19 when I put a deposit down and I can't see them being too keen.

I have been lucky enough to drive 2, the second time around I had to sign to agree to a £5000 excess :blink:

Hoping I will be able to arrange a test car to take away after placing the initial deposit, hmm.....

Thanks,

Matthew

I'm 23 and had some initial trouble but after they realised I was serious they were fine.

Afterall they want sales and a young persons money is the same as an older persons money.

I once went to test drive a Focus RS (2009) and i was 20 at the time. They would not like me drive it since i was under 21 so the sales guy took me out... Not really the same, i can't spend 30k on a car I've sat in the passenger seat for 5 miles.

If they think your spend 45k on a car they might let you have it for the day.

Funny story I'm going to drive a dealers RS3 this afternoon. Firstly they said they cannot offer a test to anyone under 25 for RS models (I'm 22). To which I said I'd take my business elsewhere.

An email a day later, now I can drive it.

Just try.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Funny story I'm going to drive a dealers RS3 this afternoon. Firstly they said they cannot offer a test to anyone under 25 for RS models (I'm 22). To which I said I'd take my business elsewhere.

An email a day later, now I can drive it.

Just try.

How did u get on? Did you drive it? What are your thoughts?

Reactions: AudiNutta
I just told them I was interested, wanted a test drive and they gave me the car for 3 days.

I just told them I was interested, wanted a test drive and they gave me the car for 3 days.

Wow.....what dealership was that if you don't mind me asking? I was told that I had to be with a salesman and couldn't use the car for a long period of time!

I'm 23 and had some initial trouble but after they realised I was serious they were fine.

Afterall they want sales and a young persons money is the same as an older persons money.

Well my Audi are terrible for taking me seriously. I went in for an A1, got told to come back with parents before they even sat me down and I bought a brand new Fiesta 2 hours later.
Went in for my A3 and they said my budget didn't fit the deposit, 3 days later bought an S Line from Bedford Audi.

Still not learnt! Went to the top to complain, got an apology and the salesman got back in touch to which I didn't bother replying to his pathetic excuse. I emailed a few days ago stating my plans of placing a deposit with no response. I will leave it until I am down with service on the 13th, then I will go see the Head of Business and find out what the fork is going on there because it's crazy how they just keep turning my money down. I want a salesperson who will agree to give me the time of day. I drove the RS once at this centre, it was the same salesman who got me in it that's now ignoring me.

I once went to test drive a Focus RS (2009) and i was 20 at the time. They would not like me drive it since i was under 21 so the sales guy took me out... Not really the same, i can't spend 30k on a car I've sat in the passenger seat for 5 miles.

If they think your spend 45k on a car they might let you have it for the day.

That's ridiculous! If you are seriously looking they can't expect any money if they can't offer a test drive! :-O

Well it's my age, that's the worry and they don't think I am serious. I think I will go in flashing my deposit in their faces, tell them I am happy to put a deposit down there and then but want use of the car under my own conditions for at least a full working day to be sure before I commit fully. BMW are keen on getting me out in a M3 to win me over, I don't want to give them the chance but I will put this onto the salesman and see what happens. I'm not out there to drive the car within an inch of its life, I'm very careful with the way I drive because my licence is too valuable to me. I simply want to drive the car on familiar roads and use it for at least one day to get a feel for where my £50k is going.

Reactions: Scottyg and Eigdoog

WOW!! I must repeat, what Audi centre? Lmao.

Also, I assume you are more of a mature purchaser to be offered that with a convincing PX? ;-)

28 years old, spoke to someone on one of the gtr car forum and they put me in touch with the salesman at Lincoln Audi and from then we've been in touch via text all the way through the purchase and I initially got given the car for 3 days

28 years old, spoke to someone on one of the gtr car forum and they put me in touch with the salesman at Lincoln Audi and from then we've been in touch via text all the way through the purchase and I initially got given the car for 3 days
Wow I am very impressed, very good there. I'd imagine the referral to him did a lot.
I hope you're now ordering one? ;-)

Yea most likely, he's been great for me from start to finish. Yes, I pick up in 3 weeks hopefully

Its mad how some places just don't want your money. Or should i say want your money without looking at any car.

How did u get on? Did you drive it? What are your thoughts?

Fantastic, although not massively faster than my S3 and I prefer the hatchback aesthetics.

Definitely want one though.

Last edited:
I had one test RS3 for 10 days, just to full try all my candidates.
It's okay to go fast, very secure, easy to drive fast even raining, and more exciting than a S3.

But globally I did not like this car, I would not buy it although I understand those who buy it.

For me it looks somewhat dated, tech is absolutely outdated for a 2016 car (hope this is fixed with facelift), design is very similar to any A3 with S-Line kit and 19", so nobody thinks it's a top of the range car. If I buy the highest range, I want to differentiate.

Sound is very good, especially if you are out of the car. Interior sound it is isolated for confort and driving with windows down is very unconfortable. Soundtrack feelings are reduced.

Performance is great, but so easy to drive that you need to go extremely fast and touch car limits, to feel something cornering. Driving feelings are reduced with normal speeds.

I prefer get fun with normal driving without need to reach my limits or car limit.

Last edited:
Asport talking out it again honestly why are you here. You had one in order until you went mental over the m2 so it can't have been all that bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marshy, AudiNutta, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Asport talking out it again honestly why are you here. You had one in order until you went mental over the m2 so it can't have been all that bad

No i hadn't one on order, was waiting for RS 3 facelift and sedan, that should fix many of current problems.
One i forgot to say: boot!!! really SMALL!!!, it's very raised and very limited depth.

S3 sedan boot was much better.

audi-rs3-boot.jpg

Audi-S3_Sedan_2015_1600x1200_wallpaper_34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
who gives a $hi7 about boot space lol ... come on Asport what a comment !
I drive round 95% of the time with nothing in my boot whatsoever.
Now you are scraping the bottom of the barrel referring to boot sizes.

As for your post above .. .what a load of $hizer and what Dealer would possibly lend you a car for 10 days lol :tearsofjoy:
Of course your opinion is completely and utterly un-biased, with you having a Bimmer M2 on order.
Nothing against the M2, I'm sure its a great car in its own right, but its certainly not for me.
The fact is dozens of us on ASN now 'own' an RS3 and we can't all be wrong.
So don't come on trying to tell us how crap it is based on your 'demo' !

Get over it, the RS3 is an epic car and is easily by a country mile the best car I have ever owned .... it is exciting to own / looks amazing / sounds fantastic / has tremendous power, acceleration, traction that a rear wheel drive car can only dream of / seats are amazing / driving position is spot on / materials and cabin fit & finish are excellent / it can seat 5 adults / its a hatch so if you do need it to be practical it is ! ... the list goes on.

I'm sick of the negative comments on the RS3 with no substance to back them up - from first hand ownership for nearly 3 weeks and some owners who've had their cars months, the smiles are just not letting up - these cars are ****** fantastic and never has a car lived up to and exceeded expectaions like this one has - every turn of the key is something to look forward to as the 5 pot strikes into life and you hear the crackle of the exhaust. Every drive is an occasion to enjoy - both exciting and fun.

Its a tremendous car and is such an immaculate all round package - which is ideally suited to day to day ownership - and public road driving :sunglasses:

Reactions: Marshy, mallorycoombs, 5pot and 6 others
Think snake is happy with the RS3! I am very happy with mine too and to be honest it is the best car I've ever owned!! For me it does have a flaw though for me, I'm 6'2 and I seem to sit too high for me but it's not a problem just a minor thing. Other than that it's on another level!!

Reactions: 5pot, Scottyg and Snake Pliskin
Am 6ft3 6ft4 wi a semi lowered to the floor feels higher than Bmw but not bad take it you have lowered it down?

Yeah one or two have commented on the seating position but I found it fine @ 6'-0"

The steering wheel is plenty high enough for my usual preferred driving position which is low. I do have the seat on the lowest setting to be fair so guess you taller guys could prefer it a bit lower.

Super sports seats are insanely comfortable & supportive though and look mega !!!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Scottyg
I've got my seat all the way down and it's not the steering wheel as my arm on the drivers door is a little high meaning my seat could go down a little more. Also the rear view mirror feels like it's in the way for me.

Yeah the super sports are great!!! All in all it IS a great car and I'm so glad I got one!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Is asport some sort of Nigerian scamster?
The Pigeon English is the usual give away.
Also I reckon you aint had one on test 10 minutes never mind 10 days-lets be clear no way anybody gets an RS3 for that sort of time as test drives are booked constantly.
Fantasist.
Stick to comics.

Reactions: D19NL B, ComputerControlled, RGBARGEE and 1 other person
Can I please have an RS3 for just a day??? I love me A3 but would wet myself if I got a RS3. Been there, done that with expensive BMs. However, even though a RS3 can get to 60 twice before mines has, it's still the best put together car I've owned, even better than the 30k Beemers!

Can I please have an RS3 for just a day??? I love me A3 but would wet myself if I got a RS3. Been there, done that with expensive BMs. However, even though a RS3 can get to 60 twice before mines has, it's still the best put together car I've owned, even better than the 30k Beemers!

You have one of the best looking florets on ASN mate too .... a prime example of floret goodness :sunglasses:

Reactions: Scottyg
Also I reckon you aint had one on test 10 minutes never mind 10 days-lets be clear no way anybody gets an RS3 for that sort of time as test drives are booked constantly.
Fantasist.
Stick to comics.

That's ace .... Lol :)

I got 10 minutes in one with the salesman present, order placed :tearsofjoy: 5 months in and almost 6k miles later it is the best car I've ever owned by a massive margin. I really have no idea where the haters are coming from.

TX.

Reactions: hood, Eigdoog, 5pot and 3 others
Fantasist.
Stick to comics.

Assport talking out it again honestly why are you here. You had one in order until you went mental over the m2 so it can't have been all that bad

He's not got an M2 on order. Nor has he had an RS3 on test for 10 days (ridiculous). He's just making it all up.

Wants a car like an RS or an M but has but no means to get one. Spends his time looking at photos, reading reviews and daydreaming about owning a decent car.

That's why he behaves like he goes, trolling people on this forum and just generally being annoying. Pretty strange behaviour.

Come on asport. Come clean now? You know I'm right?:whistle2:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and hood
I had one test RS3 for 10 days, just to full try all my candidates.
It's okay to go fast, very secure, easy to drive fast even raining, and more exciting than a S3.

But globally I did not like this car, I would not buy it although I understand those who buy it.

For me it looks somewhat dated, tech is absolutely outdated for a 2016 car (hope this is fixed with facelift), design is very similar to any A3 with S-Line kit and 19", so nobody thinks it's a top of the range car. If I buy the highest range, I want to differentiate.

Sound is very good, especially if you are out of the car. Interior sound it is isolated for confort and driving with windows down is very unconfortable. Soundtrack feelings are reduced.

Performance is great, but so easy to drive that you need to go extremely fast and touch car limits, to feel something cornering. Driving feelings are reduced with normal speeds.

I prefer get fun with normal driving without need to reach my limits or car limit.

Nonsense. Don't believe a word of it. Just negative bits of various internet reviews gleamed into one silly post.

10 day hire. Utter nonsense. I've sorted 5 cars in my time from my Audi sales guy, and I got mine on test for 24 hours. Others (serious buyers) were getting tests for a few hours or so.

I know what you're up to asport. You can't fool me mate. Bet you've got RS3 posters all over your bedroom wall, in your mums house. Dreamer...

Reactions: Eigdoog, Spaceman_RS3 and hood
No i hadn't one on order, was waiting for RS 3 facelift and sedan, that should fix many of current problems.
One i forgot to say: boot!!! really SMALL!!!, it's very raised and very limited depth.

S3 sedan boot was much better.

audi-rs3-boot.jpg

Audi-S3_Sedan_2015_1600x1200_wallpaper_34.jpg

Boot size?!:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and hood
He's says he's never had one in order tfsi you even come on here let alone this particular section this troll needs punted off. A don't normally bother what people post on Internet forums but this guys is brutal and constant drivel what annoys me is potential owners come on to read about the cars and all they get is his negative crap when he's prob never even had a go in one

Im 6'2" and quite chunky at 16 stone and seating was fine for me on sport seats.

I wish I was as fat as you dommy ace got 4 stone on you and finding the super sports excellent

I wish I was as fat as you dommy ace got 4 stone on you and finding the super sports excellent

Mate i was nearly 22 stone, 18 months ago. I couldn't even fit in my A3 8P lol.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Terminator x
Stroll on bud I yo yo lots want down to 18 or do me 19 I'm just big built all over to start with

I'm 6ft3, had the car for 3 days and found the driving position completely fine which was surprising really as most newer cars i've driven always seem ridiculously high so i was happy with that.

Just need mine to arrive now!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Position is a little high with the seat down to the maximum.

Another major flaw is the speed and access to driving functions.

To change driving mode you must press the * button in wheel to rotate through several absurd modes (like auto, individual) instead of putting what you want directly. Using the knob is also slow because you have to go to the home menu, enter driving modes menu, spin to select mode, press... too many steps.

BMW has resolved it much better, a dedicated double button to select driving mode: Confort, Sport, Sport+.

imageDispatcher.jsp

Why don't you **** off with your bmw talk. This guy is a nutcase.

Reactions: T-800, Marshy, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Status
Not open for further replies.