whooshin sound...like dump valve

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Ive noticed a whooooshing sound if when the car is on idle,is reved.
sounds like ive had a dump valve fitted (a mild one) is this normal,seems like its coming from back of the engine......car drives still great cant see any split hoses,checked what i could.
Any common issues?

Also checked box located on bulkhead which has 6 or 7 air hoses going to it.....any idea what this is (just curious)

A3 2.0 TDI 2006

Could be the turbo you're hearing, they do whistle a tad on the derv tdi's, many do it & no problems really I've heard of if the car runs well.

Ive noticed a whooooshing sound if when the car is on idle,is reved.
sounds like ive had a dump valve fitted (a mild one) is this normal,seems like its coming from back of the engine......car drives still great cant see any split hoses,checked what i could.
Any common issues?

Also checked box located on bulkhead which has 6 or 7 air hoses going to it.....any idea what this is (just curious)

A3 2.0 TDI 2006

Thats exactly what i thought with mine, its been a while now so it must be just the turbo's normal sound, to be honest i like it :rockwoot:

First time I heard it I was walking past the driver side wheel. I cacked myself cos I thought I had a split in the tyre and it was loosing some serious pressure! lol.