Why do you hate the new A3/S3 8Y?

One trick I have seen that tyre fitters who f**k up use is to smother the evidence with tyre lube.
Always ask for them to clean off any excess lube.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, JohnM100, Flying Scotsman and 2 others
I have not been on this forum for around 6 months. I went from having an 8p to 8v and then jumped ship to a bmw f40. This was because I preferred the interior / set up and also due to the dealers not really giving 2’fs when I enquired about the new model launch / when it was in the showroom and price difference

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
I sat in the 8Y S3 having previously owned the 8V S3. Now the latter end of the 8V (GPF) started to cut corners (puddle lights gone, wiper stalks “felt” different) but overall well built and a little bland. The 8Y interior I kind of liked but some of the interior plastics did feel less premium compared to the 8V. I didn’t get the 8Y due to my back issues and it was a bit of a struggle getting out of it.
So I like the 8V, and I like the 8Y, but which is better ? There’s only one way to find out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as Harry would say.

Reactions: winrya, pburv and AdamInKent
The problem is strikingly clear to me ...

the 8v was desirable & felt premium

the 8y has lost that

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and pburv
I sat in the 8Y S3 having previously owned the 8V S3. Now the latter end of the 8V (GPF) started to cut corners (puddle lights gone, wiper stalks “felt” different) but overall well built and a little bland. The 8Y interior I kind of liked but some of the interior plastics did feel less premium compared to the 8V. I didn’t get the 8Y due to my back issues and it was a bit of a struggle getting out of it.
So I like the 8V, and I like the 8Y, but which is better ? There’s only one way to find out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as Harry would say.

Right now, late 8Vs holding their value well but there will be a tipping point (and tech tipping point) when that high residual value will fall quickly.

Reactions: NIKLDN, Jcbmally and pburv
Another point Just look at the thread post your pics of your 8y they're identical "Clones" bar the paint colour same alloys this design has been around for years the 8v steering wheel with its circular centre cush just doesn't go with its angular dash design

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Another point Just look at the thread post your pics of your 8y they're identical "Clones" bar the paint colour same alloys this design has been around for years
Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Is that much different to the early pictures in the similar 8V thread? (I’ll be getting a different trim with different alloys, you’ll be glad to hear :))

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Is that much different to the early pictures in the similar 8V thread? (I’ll be getting a different trim with different alloys, you’ll be glad to hear :))

1.Glad your getting different alloys lol
2.Every wheel choice on the early 8v's where of a brand new design for only the 8v but the 19"s where a £1900 option because included in that price was magnetic dampers....everything on the 8v was brand new to it bar the pop screen which was used on the A6,A7 the A4/A5 never got the pop up screen...A1 had a similar screen but it was'nt electric
Another thing every door variant 3 door hatch,5 door,Saloon on the 8v PFL had a different rear led design as does the FL ...AH THE GOOD OLD DAYS.....when Audi where on top of their game....Dervgate ****** that up

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 1 other person