Why does my car have a camera in the windscreen?

Rog

Reaction score
Hi, New Member here. I've just bought a 16 reg A4 Avant Sport 1.4 150 with 16,000 miles. I noticed the camera in the windscreen and wondered what it is used for, as I don't seem to have the auto-dipping headlight option?

Yeah. It’ll also warn you first, then two jolts to the breaks and finally full brakes. You can also set it to warn you : early, medium or late. This can be set in your MMI (Audi headunit system)

Just kept in on medium thanks. Also set the auto headlights to come on late, as they activate too soon for my taste. My previous car was a Seat Exeo ST, which was an A4 B7 Avant with a Seat badge. Owned it for 8 years and not a single fault...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Firstly, welcome to the forum and to A4 ownership. We encourage new owners to post up pictures of their cars so feel free to do so in the appropriate thread.

It's correct name is pre-sense and I have direct experience on the efficiency of the system. It will do the following under certain conditions,
"The front seat belts are electrically tightened, and the windows and sunroof are closed. The hazard lights are also activated.
If a collision cannot be prevented and an accident is inevitable, the multicollision brake assist system supports the driver with controlled application of the brakes. This can help to prevent the car from skidding, which prevents further collisions."

As Wes states, it pays to read the manual as you are driving a technologically advanced car and it save you from asking questions that are answered either in the manual, or in here in a previous thread.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and Rog
@Rog you have been warned. Ignore the manual at your peril :yes:

Reactions: tickedon, cuke2u and Rog
Warnings duly noted, I'm reading the manual now! Sometimes it's a bit difficult to establish which of the optional features, referred to in the manual, apply to your car, specially if you are not the first owner. Trial and error is helping with this though...

Reactions: Tej13 and Bellasdad
Welcome aboard @Rog Hope you enjoy your time here, looking forward to see some pics!

Reactions: Rog