Why Don't Audi do this? VW DO!

Chimp

Reaction score
Was over on a Golf R forum earlier (seeing what tuning result they are getting) and found they get a tracker for their orders!

Why don't Audi (being VAG) do this? Seems so stupid they don't.

Track My Order : Volkswagen UK

I don't think its liks bang up the minute but saves everyone calling the dealer to find out what stage they are at etc.

It's going to be available for Audi of America customers very shortly. I think it's been piloted in Canada.

But.... if you read in between the lines, the VW Tracker isn't very accurate at all, lots of posts saying that the tracker is reporting the car is at a particular production stage, when it's sat at Grimsby or vice-versa etc.

Was over on a Golf R forum earlier (seeing what tuning result they are getting) and found they get a tracker for their orders!

Why don't Audi (being VAG) do this? Seems so stupid they don't.

Track My Order : Volkswagen UK

I don't think its liks bang up the minute but saves everyone calling the dealer to find out what stage they are at etc.

I totally agree, it would be of some help indeed..

How would it help?

Would it make your car arrive any quicker, if you constantly check the tracker every 5 minutes? :p

I think it might help somewhat to alleviate the problems with dealers who seem to think that no updates until the day it's ready for collection or few days before is acceptable...

Also when contacting Audi Customer services I am not made to feel like:

a) I am betraying my dealer and should be dealing with them even though they won't give me updates.
b) That I am "bothering" the CS team and they have to go and find the information from the sales team.
c) Waste time on the phone listening to "tick tock tick tock music"
d) Not having to call CS back a few days later to get the new status once it's moved from factory to docks etc. If they noted on my file that I have chased direct would you not think it would be common sense to then offer and send out email updates on change of status?

anyway found it interesting that VW has it... Audi don't (yet in Europe)

Reactions: phil1824
I think it might help somewhat to alleviate the problems with dealers who seem to think that no updates until the day it's ready for collection or few days before is acceptable...)

I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that ALL dealers are guilty as some (mine definitely) give great feedback on the status of the delivery, including sending me photos of it being unloaded from the transporter.

Reactions: veeeight
I think it might help somewhat to alleviate the problems with dealers who seem to think that no updates until the day it's ready for collection or few days before is acceptable...

I was told I would get regular updates on my build. This consisted of a phone call asking when I would like to collect the car, the earliest they could do was Wednesday.

"THIS WEDNESDAY?" Was my reply regarding my car which was not due to be built for another month. I was informed it was sitting in Aberdeen waiting for licensing etc. They couldn't understand why I was annoyed at not being kept up to date. I had a car to sell, insurance to arrange, detailing, paint protection film application etc.

On sunny side though I got my S3 6 weeks early :D

Reactions: David83S3, Martinbanshee, s31jay and 1 other person
If you have a switched on dealer and salesperson you don't need a tracker. Was updated the whole time by my dealer. No issues sorting things out when it arrived in the UK.

Will just add though my assistant at work ordered a Citroen DS3 and she had a tracker application and it was very accurate to the point it hit the UK. It then never got updated. So pointless really as it's at that stage you really want to know what's going on!

Have nothing but praise for my dealer (/salesman) and the way in which the whole buying-ordering-delivery process worked, with phone calls and emails at all the pertinent points in the process. The longest silence was between being given a revised BW number and subsequently being told the car was built. Prior to and after that I was contacted at each change in status and updated with progress.

A happy, satisfied customer here :)

At the end of the day I guess it's down to people. It's the people who make up the dealership and their/the dealer's 'work ethic' that determines the level of customer satisfaction, although you'd have thought that it would be fairly high priority for a prestige marque such as Audi.....

Similar for me. I just emailed the young lady in the dealer's sales office and asked if she would keep me up-to-date with the progress of my order and each time the status changed she just dropped me an email.

Anyone know how long the current waiting time is for a new car to be built from order?

I was told I would get regular updates on my build. This consisted of a phone call asking when I would like to collect the car, the earliest they could do was Wednesday.

"THIS WEDNESDAY?" Was my reply regarding my car which was not due to be built for another month. I was informed it was sitting in Aberdeen waiting for licensing etc. They couldn't understand why I was annoyed at not being kept up to date. I had a car to sell, insurance to arrange, detailing, paint protection film application etc.

On sunny side though I got my S3 6 weeks early :D

6 weeks early from aberdeen? I orderd mine 4 weeks ago now and was told october delivery for it, i got told last week
that my build week was 46 which is 10th of november so looking like a december delivery!!!

6 weeks early from aberdeen? I orderd mine 4 weeks ago now and was told october delivery for it, i got told last week
that my build week was 46 which is 10th of november so looking like a december delivery!!!

Ordered 2nd week in Feb and told build week 18 28th April plus 4 to 5 weeks for production and delivery to Aberdeen. Emailed them on 12th April to see if the build week was locked in and got a reply from admin asking me to call to arrange handover. Picked it up the following Friday :)

It was built early and transported very swiftly. The salesman did go over the transport itinerary with me and the car never sat still from leaving the factory! Typical problem with Aberdeen though, they just sell too many cars to keep on top of it. They had 4 S3s going out that day alone!

I ordered my S3 from Aberdeen at the start of June and was told December delivery, here's hoping it comes earlier. :)

Ordered mine in August and told October, I personally think it will be end of the year.

I ordered my S3 from Aberdeen last Wednesday and they are talking about mid march for delivery :eek::audibash:
I hope it'll come early as I don't think I can cope with waiting that long :keule:

I never got a build week or anything other than Mid March on the order form....when did you get your estimated build week?

Paul

Reactions: s31jay
I ordered my S3 from Aberdeen last Wednesday and they are talking about mid march for delivery :eek::audibash:
I hope it'll come early as I don't think I can cope with waiting that long :keule:

I never got a build week or anything other than Mid March on the order form....when did you get your estimated build week?

Paul

Once they put the order into the system, and then when they get a BW assigned (could take a week or so), they will be able to get you a better estimate of a delivery date.

Aberdeen never gave me a build date until I asked for it, they did give automatic updates for build & shipping after that though.

Sweet! Cheers guys.

The salesman is off on holiday this week so I'll pester him next week to see if he has any info on it :)
One of the guys at work is getting his Golf R Manual in the next few weeks so can't wait for the S3 to arrive to show him that he should have ticked the DSG box lol :D

It's a mistake not choosing DSG/S-Tronic IMO
Totally agree, and I think he's started to realize that!! Keeps bleating on about how he enjoys changing down a cog or two when pushing the car hard...Well we'll see what he thinks when we're side by side ;)

There's nothing like hearing the car blip the throttle to rev match as you drop down the gears with the paddles on steering wheel. Oh, and there's launch control, faster 0-60, better MPG and better cruise control function too ;)

Yup, yup, yup, yup and yup!! All reasons I put to him today much to his disgust lol :)

I ordered my A3 s line at the start of October (last month) and got told late January delivery...

TOO DAMN LONG! :keule:

S3's have crazy waiting times, especially S3 Saloons