Why is S3 List price £5k less than TTS?

controlz

Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping I could pick your brains as a little bit confused!

I'm struggling to work out why the TTS list is £5k more than the S3. Apart from the added few bhp (which a map will do anyway), it has 3 less seats, AND less equipment as standard (such as navigation).

Is the increased price purely do to styling / more demand for the TTS, or am I missing something?

Many Thanks.

Ones a hot hatch, the others a coupe/sport car, you cant compare as aimed at different sections of the market
Drive both you'll see the difference, it's not about BHP / 0-60

Ones a hot hatch, the others a coupe/sport car, you cant compare as aimed at different sections of the market
Drive both you'll see the difference, it's not about BHP / 0-60

Thanks, although no where in my post did I mention 0-60...:thumbsup:eek:r BHP being a concern for a matter of fact.

The TTS is a far better drivers car than the S3

half of the shell is made from aluminum and is more desirable by hairdressers who are willing to pay more:]

hehe...a £5k hairdressers tax on the titty-s? lol! :)

Edit: I should add that the current fastback coupe shape is sexy. The first gen shapes where the only really hairdressy ones IMO

Last edited:
hehe...a £5k hairdressers tax on the titty-s? lol! :)

Edit: I should add that the current fastback coupe shape is sexy. The first gen shapes where the only really hairdressy ones IMO

Spot on there fella!! :lmfao:

Hairdresser comments tend to be made by those who haven't driven the TT....it's a totally different drive to the S3 ( I have an S3 SB and a TTS Roadster )...the TTS is a nicer drive.....and I have no hair :icon_thumright:

Hairdresser comments tend to be made by those who haven't driven the TT....it's a totally different drive to the S3 ( I have an S3 SB and a TTS Roadster )...the TTS is a nicer drive.....and I have no hair :icon_thumright:

and my missus is one and she loves TTS which I'm not surprised;).

Sorry to hyjack the thread but this brings up a question for me that can fill another identified gap in my Audi knowledge, which models have alluminium bodyshells? It all started with the A8 right, full shell? I thought this was extended to the A6 but not sure and I now know the TT is half ally, is that all TTs? Do I need to knopw which half?

Thanks for the replies. I test drove an S3 this weekend and was extremely impressed, however didn't have the time to drive a TTS too. Are they considerably different to drive?

Thanks