Why is the reversing camera so badly placed on A3/S3/RS3?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
This is really becoming annoying in the winter with rain and stuff on the road splashing up onto the reversing camera meaning lots of times I can’t see much at all...

Anyone else have a solution to this problem? Other than getting out and wiping it down before reversing (or just using the sensors!) lol.

Obviously this isn’t only an RS3 issue; its a placement on all A3 series and possibly other Audi models too.

Reactions: evil_scooby
I think the only solution is to bend your neck!

Reactions: DW81 and AudiNutta
This is really becoming annoying in the winter with rain and stuff on the road splashing up onto the reversing camera meaning lots of times I can’t see much at all...

Anyone else have a solution to this problem? Other than getting out and wiping it down before reversing (or just using the sensors!) lol.

Obviously this isn’t only an RS3 issue; its a placement on all A3 series and possibly other Audi models too.
Stop being a big girls blouse and reverse like a man ***! Reverse camera indeed - it is a fuck1ing A3 for Christ's sake. With pdc as standard for the spatially inept.

Reactions: Jonny B
It does rather defeat the object of having a camera if you can’t use it. My other half’s C63 camera gets filthy so can’t use it, whereas on my c-class it’s tucked away until reverse is engaged and then appears so always remains clean

I specced the reverse camera, every time I’ve driven it I forget it’s there until I’ve parked.

I thought it would be useful but I much prefer to turn my head than look at any camera. It takes longer to study what’s on the camera than to glance in the mirrors.

Pointless option but didn’t cost a lot so not bothered.

Reactions: Jonny B
1st world problems :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Rs1, DW81, Jonny B and 1 other person
On my golf it's hidden in the badge till it's needed so always remains clean

Reactions: big residual and AudiNutta
On my golf it's hidden in the badge till it's needed so always remains clean
But the image on the golf looks like the camera is a potato....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yup it's hopeless but we coped without such things for many years . Useful on a Range Rover and the like that have grown to extraordinary proportions but on a saloon or hatch I think old skool is the way .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can never see out that camera it is utterly useless. I installed a washer jet onto the camera but it needs to be washed every time you activate the camera!!

Reactions: AudiNutta
I don't agree the golf image is rly good tbh

I can never see out that camera it is utterly useless. I installed a washer jet onto the camera but it needs to be washed every time you activate the camera!!

How did you do this? Was it worth it? Would you do it again on your new car?

Reversing camera on a car is a ridiculous idea! What's the point if you've got parking sensors especially the parking sensors plus package and you can turn your head!
Fair enough if you're in a vehicle where you can't see out the back like a lorry !!
Another example of car manufacturers trying to sell you options you don't really need. This is one of those nanny state can't be bothered lazy **** driver options!
Pointless.
Can you tell I didn't spec it !

Reactions: AudiNutta, DW81 and Evil Diesel
I wonder what mine would be like if I had one, considering my car only gets washed on its birthday and for Christmas?!

Healthy coating of decent wax on the lens and not had any trouble with mine

Is it not possible to retrofit a camera with built-in water squirter?

I’ve seen it on another Audi, but can’t remember which one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk