Why is this S3 selling so cheap?

Stolen? Cat D? Heavily modified cars always sell for less because you're taking a big risk on the quality of the work.

What is a "v car"?

Stolen? Cat D? Heavily modified cars always sell for less because you're taking a big risk on the quality of the work.

What is a "v car"?

as much as i know "v car" is the same as Cat C/D, its basically cheap due to it not being HPI clear probably been in accident!

I always try to go on instincts
1 key :think: V car :undwech:

Normally I'd say if it too good to be true it probably is. Recently.. Had a good mate who was desperate for cash (genuine) since he lost his job and was selling at a loss. I'd have brought it off him but couldn't afford to. No harm in checking it out if he allows... Have yet to come across someone who removes the mods when selling up. Keep an open mind it could even be stolen or stolen recovered. Nothing wrong with a healthy level of paranoia.

VCAR = Vehicle Condition Alert Register

V-Car means the car has been an insurance write-off at some point during it's life.

This could through an accident, theft and recovery or flooding.

There are four categories.

Category A (Worst) : Example: a burned out shell, CANNOT be put back on the road.

Category B : Example: Very bad accident damage, car CANNOT be put back on the road but parts can be re-used.

Category C : Example : Severe accident damage, car CAN be put back on the road.

Category D : Example : Theft Recovery/Flooding/minor/moderate accident damage, car CAN be put back on the road.

Unless you know the history of this car down to the last bolt or you are desperate for a cheap car whatever problems may be lurking, my advice would be to walk away. Another biggie is the colour.....Although Solar Orange is quite a rare colour it is more difficult to sell on compared to say Black, Blue, Red or White.

Reactions: ENZO and RallyX
ill be setlling my facelifted s3 next month for a few k more if youre seriously looking, just need to get the stone chips sorted first. i have pictures throughout the whole process and i spare no expense on my cars and service them every 5 -10k miles

just to add catagoried cars are not something people should be afraid of its the repairers and getting things right sparing no expense that is important

That red one looks way too good to be true! I'm just up the road from that one... Are they real rotors I wonder?

If it wasn't red id have that.. Must be more to the story behind it though

Maybe the s3's are loosing value at present due to the new ones?

We are in a recession guys :)

Its damage repaired as stated is on (v car !) inspect it very closely before buying

its 6 years old and has been written off previously...