Why?

gldy_b

Reaction score
I’ve now had my S5 sb for 3 months and I have loved it. Always looking for an excuse to drive it. 3 months on I only have 1 bug bear. I don’t know why Audi have done this. The plastic side skirt trim. I think thus looks poor. Got my car detailed and the plastic trim lets it down. I’m thinking of getting this wrapped. Anybody else not liking this.

I see what you mean, it does give the car that aggressive stance but why its not body coloured is strange, mines solid black so can almost get away with but on other colours i can see it being an issue.

I wonder why it falls short of the front wing??? Only by half an inch, and things will get trapped in there an have for me :blush:

I know what you mean, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet. Never actually realised it had it until I picked it up at the dealer, I know it will help prevent stones being thrown up the side of the wings etc. It also doesn't appear to be that cheap plastic which almost turns grey after a while and you need to keep applying bumper shine products to keep it looking new.

A few people have complimented the side skirts on mine... but I can see your point, why not just body colour them .

I know what you mean, I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet. Never actually realised it had it until I picked it up at the dealer, I know it will help prevent stones being thrown up the side of the wings etc. It also doesn't appear to be that cheap plastic which almost turns grey after a while and you need to keep applying bumper shine products to keep it looking new.

A few people have complimented the side skirts on mine... but I can see your point, why not just body colour them .

They do go that cheap grey colour. I apply back to black on mine. Going to get mine wrapped. Don’t think it should cost a lot!