Wickes UPVC conservatory

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi all

I have purchased an ex-display wickes UPVC conservatory and was wondering if anyone had a set of instructions. I get the just of it from the photos i took before it came down but not sure were to use sealent etc..

Thank you
Toby

****! i went in there yesterday only to find they have obviously sold everthing off. typical. wish i knew they were doing that.how much did it cost you?

First thing to do is survey the base to make sure it's square and level and then set out the cill on the base accordingly, packing it level, especially at all the load bearing points i.e. the mullions, joints and corner posts.
Mark the house walls with plumb lines where the frames fix, to make it easier for yourself.
Make sure you seal between the cill and the frame with silicone and fill the ends of the cills with sealant (very important as water can track down the fixings then inside the hollow cill).
If it's already been fitted, then all the fixing holes should be in place but as a rule, don't drill within 150mm of a weld, as you can crack it and aim to fix at 600mm centres.
Apply sealant to all joints horizontal and vertical as you want to eliminate any draughts as well as leaks.

The roof should be like a giant meccano set and fairly straight forward depending on the flashing detail.

Any problems or questions then you can PM me