Will an RS5 DSG gear Knob fit my A3 8P DSG?

lakers1234

Reaction score
As the title says. I've been looking for a RS gear knob for my A3, but can't find one, but a friend of mine has an RS5 gear knob, he's not sure if it fits and nor am I.

Does anyone know if it will?

Thanks

The rs knobs all have the front facing button right? I believe all the knobs with the front facing button are compatible with each other, but if you have the side facing button then you would have to twist the stick the knob mounts onto 90 degrees to get it to fit... I'm sure I saw a thread about that here somewhere..

As above.
If your button is on a side, look for the topic Nigel NHN opened where he described how to adapt the knob.

As above.
If your button is on a side, look for the topic Nigel NHN opened where he described how to adapt the knob.
The rs knobs all have the front facing button right? I believe all the knobs with the front facing button are compatible with each other, but if you have the side facing button then you would have to twist the stick the knob mounts onto 90 degrees to get it to fit... I'm sure I saw a thread about that here somewhere..

Thank you fellas. Yes I found that thread regarding fitting the gear knob. Seems a bit much for me to risk. Have any of you guys done it?

I had such a knob myself but I've given up installing it because the risk of setting my wallet on fire was too high.