will audi oem locking wheel bolts...........

WOLF

Reaction score
Fit on after market alloys,namely bbs replica's as 'hopefully' im getting a set tomorrow morning..:icon_thumright:

thanks

The seat of the face is wrong. OEM are a ball seat, aftermarket wheels are a taper'd seat. Some people do use them but your not getting 100% surface contact so it's advisable to get the correct wheels bolts for the wheels.

ok so do you know the taper angle on aftermarkets or do they all differ?

good advice guys.....thanks

Aftermarket wheels are usually a 60 degree tapered hole.

My BBS LM's came direct fit for Audi so they took the original radius seat wheel bolts.

My BBS LM's came direct fit for Audi so they took the original radius seat wheel bolts.

I don't think BBS LM's were ever a standard or optional extra alloy for Audi. If i remember rightly I think I possibly read somewhere once BBS alloys have the OE radius seat instead of aftermarket taper seat on most aftermarket alloys.

just set about fitting the wheels and yeh need spigots......never even gave it a thought...doh!!

Last edited:
I don't think BBS LM's were ever a standard or optional extra alloy for Audi. If i remember rightly I think I possibly read somewhere once BBS alloys have the OE radius seat instead of aftermarket taper seat on most aftermarket alloys.

Mine are BBS LM replicas and are Audi/VW specific fitment so you can use your original wheel bolts with them. I should have been more clear.

What do you mean 'came direct fit for Audi'?

Because the wheels are a popular Audi/VW fitment the wheel manufacturer drill and bore the wheels specifically for the car fitment. So you don't need any spigot rings and you can use the original bolts.
Sorry i've just noticed its "locking wheel bolts" you are after. If your wheels are aftermarket then the majority of wheels are 60 degree taper so you'll need different locking wheel bolts. Mcgard do a very good range of lockers for pretty much any taper, thread diameter and length and they are insurance approved.