Will it scan

abmat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a genuine vcds cable (hex-usb+can) that I use on my 8p and my now gone c6.

I have an issue on my new A6 C8. Will it work or is it too old? Currently have software version 21.3.0.

cheers

No it won't scan, You're going to need the newer cable, Hex V2 or Hex Net for your C8 which are also now limited to numbers of Vins either 3, 10 or unlimited, for coding and adaptions.

I found with my old hex can there was limited functionality on certain modules like 5f and some worked well with coding/adaptations.
basic functionality like code reading/resets and service light still worked.
I ended up getting obd11 for basic coding and stuff. Cheaper than £3-400 for new vcds cable and did what I needed it to do

Cheers. I just need to scan and see if there are any fault codes and read some measuring blocks. The car is brand new and I think the a/c had packed in after 6 days! Not happy :(

your cable will scan the car but will not return many meanful messages as it’s not compatible with the newer control modules. Grab yourself a V2 or message someone from the VCDS map to see if they can assist. Once you have a meaningful scan throw the car at Audi for warranty and when they try to talk Shizz you will be armed :)

Reactions: abmat