will preface lift votex lip fit facelift non s line bumper ?

felixtcat

crash test dummy
Reaction score
Thinking of doing a face lift on my 54 plate , I already have a votex kit fitted by audi and want to try and get a look close to the original , therefore was thinking of trying to fit the original votex front lip to a 2004 - 2008 standard bumper

specifically this one :

Genuine OEM Audi A3 8P Mk2 Facelift Front Bumper Grey 2004-2008 | eBay

Does anyone know if this is possible or will it require a lot of fiddling about and filler?

thanks

it wont fit as the bumpers are slightly different shape at the bottom because of the full frame grill on the facelift bumper

It does look a lot meaner , I wanted to facelift to a single grill as I wanted a rs6 mesh type grill and fog surrounds but while still trying to retain the votex lip , oh well , will just have to keep my eye out for a 2005 - 2008 sline bumper and then all the other fogs etc to go with it I guess.

Why not go for the s-line facelift then get a mesh grille like you said fk one or something then add the cupra splitter looks just as mean with gloss black grille and fog surrounds.

It looks like thats what Im going to have to do , just wanted to try and retain a bit of the stock look seeing as Im not planning on replacing the rear bumper and wanted to keep the votex front lip and could have used the original fogs etc , not sure if original fogs will fit in 05 - 08 s line bumper , not overly keen on the cupra splitter , although it does look pretty good on this :

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

(where I got the inspiration for the RS6 style grill)