Will rs3 8v values drop

matty w

Reaction score
Hi all I've wanted an 8v rs3 for some time now and plan to buy one when my a35 amg lease ends. Just wondering what people think will happen to the values with the 8y coming out. Hopefully used car prices in general will settle down towards end of year an start of next also

I think they’ll drop eventually but have you seen the 8Y, it’s terrible so the value might even go up on the 8V. I’ve sold my 8V yesterday and after 5 years of ownership I’ve only lost 17k, not many cars hold their value as much as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: infernox, DJAlix and matty w
Personally i'm holding onto mine. New combustion cars basically have no engine development, but bells-and-whistles elsewhere.
8V or not, the 8V/8Y cars will go down as the last of the great combustion hyper-hatches.

That'll translate to high value down the road. I think the 8V will date better and hold value better long term.

Reactions: seventeenapg
Unfortunately my kids have outgrown the RS3 so I’m ordering an RS6 whilst the 8V is still holding its value. My wife isn’t very impressed with me selling her car because she loves it and I’m sure I’ll regret it too

Reactions: seventeenapg
Values seem to be affected already depending on what model of 8V you have. I've already had a dealer turn down buying my 69 plate FL RS3 on 15k miles, mainly because it didn't have super sports seats or sports exhaust.

I've noticed there's a lot more for sale than there was but not many nice examples

Since Audi has been taking orders for new ones, the market here (Sweden) is flooded with used ones for sale. Advertised at high prices but I am sure will have to go down since there are so many.

bcb1e783c9174120b03ce6b6c100f742.png

I suspect the bubble will burst for the used market by the summer of 2022. Just my guess. The extended delay in bringing the 8Y out has helped used rs3 prices for sure but I don’t think they will remain quite so buoyant for that much longer…

If I had an 8v I would be selling to take advantage of current higher prices whilst I still can.

I could be wrong of course

Reactions: infernox
I suspect the bubble will burst for the used market by the summer of 2022. Just my guess. The extended delay in bringing the 8Y out has helped used rs3 prices for sure but I don’t think they will remain quite so buoyant for that much longer…

If I had an 8v I would be selling to take advantage of current higher prices whilst I still can.

I could be wrong of course

The thing is though. If you sell up what would you buy with similar performance for the money. Not a lot springs to mind that can do as much as the RS3.

Reactions: seventeenapg and infernox
The thing is though. If you sell up what would you buy with similar performance for the money. Not a lot springs to mind that can do as much as the RS3.

Very true. No real benefit unless buying new or are able to buy something very cheap as a short term measure until used prices settle. It would be a compromise in the short term for a potential longer term benefit…

I can do without a car for a while so have used high used prices as an excuse to help me upgrade with a new purchase (new prices being relatively flat, albeit perhaps discounts are harder to come by).

There may be an element of man maths at play here but I’ve gone for it and have sold my golf R (being collected on Friday) and currently await my new rs3….

I could be wrong but I’m my case, it’s a risk I’ve decided is worth taking.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Very true. No real benefit unless buying new or are able to buy something very cheap as a short term measure until used prices settle. It would be a compromise in the short term for a potential longer term benefit…

I can do without a car for a while so have used high used prices as an excuse to help me upgrade with a new purchase (new prices being relatively flat, albeit perhaps discounts are harder to come by).

There may be an element of man maths at play here but I’ve gone for it and have sold my golf R (being collected on Friday) and currently await my new rs3….

I could be wrong but I’m my case, it’s a risk I’ve decided is worth taking.
You sold the R private or trade ?

Private to a mate of a mate. He has also called shotgun on my bbs if they don’t work on my rs3
Private is the best route for stronger money I haven't sold a car private in a long time but might give it a try with the S3 when the time comes

Reactions: Poole
Private is the best route for stronger money I haven't sold a car private in a long time but might give it a try with the S3 when the time comes

Yeah it can be a massive pain… my car still has warranty so makes it a bit easier, plus he is going to extend it too.

Yeah it can be a massive pain… my car still has warranty so makes it a bit easier, plus he is going to extend it too.
Yeh mine has 6 or so months so could do with moving it on before it turns 3 year old . Thats if I can get a good deal on a new Rs3

What's the best place to sell an RS3? The most I got from some of the sites was through Cazoo but they won't buy outright if you got it on finance, so you can only get that amount if you part exchange for a car on Cazoo (none of which I'm interested in). Private seems a bit risky.

What's the best place to sell an RS3? The most I got from some of the sites was through Cazoo but they won't buy outright if you got it on finance, so you can only get that amount if you part exchange for a car on Cazoo (none of which I'm interested in). Private seems a bit risky.

Automotive addiction pay top whack for well specced and modded rs3s.

Almost went with them to sell mine but switched local. Did just try and sell my M2 comp to them last week but they weren’t taking in anymore stock atm.

Worth a go though as I may have black balled myself :)

Reactions: NevMan and infernox
Automotive addiction pay top whack for well specced and modded rs3s.

Almost went with them to sell mine but switched local. Did just try and sell my M2 comp to them last week but they weren’t taking in anymore stock atm.

Worth a go though as I may have black balled myself :)

Yeah I've sent them my car details on their site, just need to call them and see what they offer.

Just wondering, what cars are you guys moving to? It's quite hard to replace the RS3. Right now since I'm not a fan of the new RS3, I'm thinking more of a side-grade to the RS Q3, mainly because I've been driving a lot more in traffic lately and on bad roads but don't want to give up the 5 pot engine. When I test drove one, it felt quite similar to the RS3 with a comfier ride. Did also check out the Alfa Guilia Quad which is cool but RWD now in the winter could be tricky and I was surprised by the low amount of rear passenger leg room in there (stelvio also had hardly any rear leg room).

Yeah I've sent them my car details on their site, just need to call them and see what they offer.

Just wondering, what cars are you guys moving to? It's quite hard to replace the RS3. Right now since I'm not a fan of the new RS3, I'm thinking more of a side-grade to the RS Q3, mainly because I've been driving a lot more in traffic lately and on bad roads but don't want to give up the 5 pot engine. When I test drove one, it felt quite similar to the RS3 with a comfier ride. Did also check out the Alfa Guilia Quad which is cool but RWD now in the winter could be tricky and I was surprised by the low amount of rear passenger leg room in there (stelvio also had hardly any rear leg room).

I’m just carless at the minute until the 8Y lands (long wait) but preach to that 5 pot life!

Reactions: infernox

Try motorway

Totally agree, theres little out that at the moment that can match to all roundedness of the RS3 and, to be honest, Im not so fussed on the Y yet..might grow on me when I see it in the flesh.