Will the Audi Speedlines 19" 8.5j ET48 fit on my Audi S3 8V FL?

Ranj S3

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I just got my dream car, the S3 8V FL a 2 months ago after years of waiting to be in the position to get one.

I want to upgrade the wheels from 18" to the 19" Speedlines. The wheel size is 8.5j, et48. I'm not the most techinal person when it comes to cars, although my plan is too learn and we all have to start somwhere, so I'd appriciate the help hugely.

So, will these fit without any issues, as I've been told my MK7 Golf owners that have them fitted, they have no issues at all.

Thank you in advance.

Ranj

Image attached is my S3, I think first week I got it.

Attachments

• test s3333.jpg
    test s3333.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 641
Reactions: N.J.H and Jassyo06
Yes they will fit perfectly. The Sportback can handle a 8.5j rim down to offset et45. A 235/35 tyre is the way to go here (if you don’t have tyres already).

Remember when you’re talking about offset it’s from the center line of the wheel which means the width of the wheel also affects how much it will poke out to each side of the center line. And the lower the offset number the more the wheel will poke and thus be closer to the arch (I know it’s the opposite world but that’s how it is ;) )

Yes they will fit perfectly. The Sportback can handle a 8.5j rim down to offset et45. A 235/35 tyre is the way to go here (if you don’t have tyres already).

Remember when you’re talking about offset it’s from the center line of the wheel which means the width of the wheel also affects how much it will poke out to each side of the center line. And the lower the offset number the more the wheel will poke and thus be closer to the arch (I know it’s the opposite world but that’s how it is ;) )

Hi Lehn, thank you so much for the reply. I really appriciate it. Perfect, I've ordered them and I'll see what they look like when I get them in a few weeks. Yes, I'm going to with the Michelin PS4S. I've got the PS4 on my 18" rotors right now.

That makes so much more sense, I was reading loads about wheels and offsets and couldn't understand! So - thanks!

I've just seen your S3! I'll be sure to follow your journey! Looks sick bro honestly.

I'm getting my res delete this Wednesday! Can I ask whether you feel a difference with the dogbone insert?

Thanks,

Ranj

Hi Lehn, thank you so much for the reply. I really appriciate it. Perfect, I've ordered them and I'll see what they look like when I get them in a few weeks. Yes, I'm going to with the Michelin PS4S. I've got the PS4 on my 18" rotors right now.

That makes so much more sense, I was reading loads about wheels and offsets and couldn't understand! So - thanks!

I've just seen your S3! I'll be sure to follow your journey! Looks sick bro honestly.

I'm getting my res delete this Wednesday! Can I ask whether you feel a difference with the dogbone insert?

Thanks,

Ranj

Thanks for the kind words :D

The res delete is really a must have on the facelift! Makes the car pop so much more and sound a lot better.

I think the dogbone makes a big difference if you like a more sporty feeling and snappier gearshifts. You don't feel as much engine movement before you get going and when you release the throttle fast while under load (you should prevent this but it's not always possible) you don't feel like the engine is going to jump out because it's more controlled. For the price it's really a great mod! (You need to torque the bolt to 130Nm. If you need a new bolt at some point the part no. is N91201001).